Forums are useless.

Gunslnger_

Imagine this: several million people log on to your (rather less important) servers that you host your forums on.

You, not wanting the have long queue times or worse yet, have the servers fry out completely, do everything in your power to keep them up and running efficiently. One of those things is to toggle off the resource-heavy search function, while you frantically buy/set up/repair servers.

Give 'em some time guys. You can use Google to search the forums until Bioware catches up with the insatiable demand of us ToRicans.

Should they have expected more traffic? Maybe. It's possible they did and thought they could handle the load. But there was really only one way of finding out, and that's what's happening now.

Some people don't know how. In order to use google to search these forums, go to google. Say you're searching for information on how power affects healing. In the search field type

site:http://www.swtor.com/community/ power healing

Putting site: and then a website url limits the search results to that site.

Some people don't know how. In order to use google to search these forums, go to google. Say you're searching for information on how power affects healing. In the search field type

site:http://www.swtor.com/community/ power healing

Putting site: and then a website url limits the search results to that site.

Actually, the "Google" link in my reply is to the eHow page on how to search specific sites using google :p

These forums are pretty much useless without either a search function or a way to link to your posts/replies so that you can find them again later. It's not that hard to do (the Runescape forums have this, and that's a free game).

I was wondering why i couldn't find the search buttons, there's not one. But you can find the posts you reply to. It's in your profile forum set up section where you set up the forum preferences, and when you reply, scroll down before you post for the additional options.

But you can find the posts you reply to. It's in your profile forum set up section where you set up the forum preferences, and when you reply, scroll down before you post for the additional options.

Thanks, I skipped over that because I thought it was only for email subscription, which I don't want.

As for the Google search, I've used that and most of the time it finds threads that can't be opened, so it's pretty much useless also.

Community site score

Blizzard: 10

Bioware: 1.5

Just copy and paste dudes and change the artwork! You can't be that cheap can you?

It was just luck that I found a good guild because your site was so clunky the re-entering in info during prelaunch was like nails on chalkboard. I thought with all that planning you would have had a new site up for launch. Hire new website devs if the message isn't loud and clear enough.

Edited by Itukaaj

I agree. These forums are pretty pathetic. All indications are that BW/EA thought their game would only be moderately popular right out of the gate? What?

TOR's popularity will probably decline over the coming months, like every other MMO the past near decade, but they should have been able to anticipate the frenzy of players right out of the gate and prepared accordingly.