Vaylin returned to life, in a way?

Turiann

In the last Story Arc Flashpoint, in Satele's dream, we meet Vaylin again.

In the final part of the FP, Satele reveals her trap to Tenebrae.

We know that two of Sateles studens have died at this time, including the redhead with short hair. Accurately, in the scene where Satele reveals Tenebrae she lured him in a trap, all but two students awaken. The redhead is one of the two that stays on the ground, obviously dead.

Shortly thereafter, all of Tenebrae/Vitiate/Valkorions enemies, victims, etc. appear, including Vaylin. As she shows up with the rest, you'll notice she looks down to the right frowning, a very short scene, just at where the dead redhaired student is on the ground.

Then, in the aftermath, we learn that the redhead survived after all. In the post-credit scene we see Satele in a conversation with that redhead, just as Ayrin comes in. Satele sends the redhead away, and as the redhead just passes Ayrin she frowns in her direction, much in the way Vaylin used to, and not at all as you would expect a padawan to look at a stranger welcomed by her master.

Addendum: The redhaired student's name we get from the post-event mail is Syl I believe.

What do you think? Has Vaylin taken possession of the student's body? Will we see he rreturn?

Edited by Turiann

I wasn't too sure about this theory at first. Mostly because I didn't really pay enough attention to notice that the student who was thought to be dead was walking again in the ending scene.

Then I got the mail from Satele mentioning that her student was alive after all.

Needless to say, I'm now leaning towards this theory being true.

• 1 year later...

Oh yes, from the moment you see Vaylin staring at Syl's "body" as the battle begins, I knew the wheels were turning in her mind. When Syl suddenly "came back to life" after the battle was over, I was also pretty convinced that Vaylin was powerful enough in the Force to push herself into Syl and bring her back to life.

Hopefully we'll get more of this story in the expansion :)

• 2 weeks later...
In the last Story Arc Flashpoint, in Satele's dream, we meet Vaylin again.

In the final part of the FP, Satele reveals her trap to Tenebrae.

We know that two of Sateles studens have died at this time, including the redhead with short hair. Accurately, in the scene where Satele reveals Tenebrae she lured him in a trap, all but two students awaken. The redhead is one of the two that stays on the ground, obviously dead.

Shortly thereafter, all of Tenebrae/Vitiate/Valkorions enemies, victims, etc. appear, including Vaylin. As she shows up with the rest, you'll notice she looks down to the right frowning, a very short scene, just at where the dead redhaired student is on the ground.

Then, in the aftermath, we learn that the redhead survived after all. In the post-credit scene we see Satele in a conversation with that redhead, just as Ayrin comes in. Satele sends the redhead away, and as the redhead just passes Ayrin she frowns in her direction, much in the way Vaylin used to, and not at all as you would expect a padawan to look at a stranger welcomed by her master.

Addendum: The redhaired student's name we get from the post-event mail is Syl I believe.

What do you think? Has Vaylin taken possession of the student's body? Will we see he rreturn?

My theory is that this was a plot hole, but it may very well be possible for her to be brought back to life, but I don't think that way, Vaylin wouldn't just start following Satele Shan without her noticing anything wrong. ...

Oh yes, from the moment you see Vaylin staring at Syl's "body" as the battle begins, I knew the wheels were turning in her mind. When Syl suddenly "came back to life" after the battle was over, I was also pretty convinced that Vaylin was powerful enough in the Force to push herself into Syl and bring her back to life.

Hopefully we'll get more of this story in the expansion :)

A fair point, i preffer to think that Vaylin is somehow controling her mind

• 1 month later...

I just hope she won't be a problen and hopefully a new start in getting a new life in the right direction. Somehow I feel that isn't going to happen and we are going to get crazy, dangerous vaylin imposter for those that want her as a companion.

Being one that never kills main characters dark or light side, talking arcann, theron quinn etc., I will not hesitate to skewer this lunatic if she tries anything bad, especially if she tries to harm her brother or her mom. Vaylin had been given several chances to change and come back to her family and the alliance but she refused every time. Even in echos of oblivion, she was the same little psychotic brat she always was.

Now I feel she is using this opportunity for revenge. Hopefully I am wrong and maybe satele can get through to her where her family failed. If not and she remains the same awful person, she is done for. At least Arcann knew he was wrong and wanted to change once he became the old arcann again, but vaylin may be too far gone for that.

Edited by Darthmoriquendi

If Vaylin returns and gets a shot at redemption instead of another turn as crazy-villain girl, I could support that.

Giving her the chance we weren't allowed to offer during the fight with her on Odessen

I think its how we handled her when she was in her corporeal form tbh. If we were all we should have locked you up or thrown away the key, that would be revenge. If we were we should have figured something out something better, she may be wanting a second chance. But we do know she can't pull want her pappy did thanks to her body being done for, no sith ritual etc. once Syl's body dies that should probably be it.