The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Mods and enhancements for Tanks Discussion

Noobenator

Am I the only one who (while leveling, 36 atm) is getting irritated about the fact that the commendation vendors on planets seem to be aimed mainly towards force users and dps classes? I only buy the commando armoring plates and barrels for my gear, since the mods and enhancements they sell are downright useless for the way I play my powertech (shieldtech=tank). Please share your thoughts :)

Considering as a cybertech I can't even *make* Defense/Absorb/Shield mods.

Yes, I'm a bit peeved how it seems Tanks get shafted in this aspect..

You would think they would make the most crucially geared player in a group, not so annoyingly difficult to gear appropriately....

You would think they would make the most crucially geared player in a group, not so annoyingly difficult to gear appropriately....

Thats because secondary stats come on Enhancements for the most part, not mods or Armoring which focus on Primary stats. Enhancements are made by Artificers and they definitely have defensive stats available. Many varieties in fact.

Thats because secondary stats come on Enhancements for the most part, not mods or Armoring which focus on Primary stats. Enhancements are made by Artificers and they definitely have defensive stats available. Many varieties in fact.

That's funny. Whenever I purchase new gear now from vendors "Mods" always had Defense/Shield/Absorb stats.....

That's funny. Whenever I purchase new gear now from vendors "Mods" always had Defense/Shield/Absorb stats.....

Funny how people even twist their own words around to try to win a debate or try to push their own opinion

First you talk about you can't make, then you try to argue against someone's response to the can't make part by saying you can buy from vendors.

Funny how people even twist their own words around to try to win a debate or try to push their own opinion

First you talk about you can't make, then you try to argue against someone's response to the can't make part by saying you can buy from vendors.

Also he can make mods with secondary stats on them as well, they're just small amounts because primary stats are the focus of the item type.

Maybe he isn't high enough for the schematics yet?

Well whatever. We can quibble some more or I can just say, "Check the damn GTN for Enhancements with the stats you want. Make some Artificers rich."

There. Done.

Actually you can make mods with those stats, you just have to reverse engineer your mods and hope to get lucky enough for a higher quality schematic with the extra stats.

The vendors seem to be pretty general. You can get the basic stuff (with your main and secondary stats) for any class or role from the vendors. But if you want the extra stats on it to really push your role to its full potential you gotta buy the pretty purple stuff from crafters, buy PvP gear, or hope for a good drop.

Edited by DarrkLore

I have a similar problem. Took Cybertech with the idea that I would be able to make my own Armor + Mods with defensive stats.

I have yet to find any other schematics, however currently there is no Vendor(Comm badges) that I can see selling +Def +Absorb stats. My Cybertech is now 200 and I heavily went into Might Mod/Armor as these carry the base stats of my SJ.

I Reverse Engineer all my greens to blue, then blue to Purple. This give stats increases on the main stats i.e. STR and END. Until now I am yet to see a Secondary stat be included from RE'ing and one which I could learn from a trainer.

Can this only be learnt from Schematics which are picked up or gathered through crew skills?

P.S My SJ is now lvl 32, also don't know if this is level based.