How To Make An Original Name

Yfelsung

Hello fellow players,

I see many of you complaining that "my name will be taken" because you didn't get in during the first wave.

Well, if the name is so common it gets taken that fast, it's not really your name, is it?

I know, I know, YOUR Darkshadow is the first one in MMO history. Your Drizzt is the closest Drizzt to the real Drizzt. I get it, you've created emotional attachments to unoriginal names and it's hard to give them up.

But I'm here to teach you the one simple step to making a name that no one will ever steal.

Step 1:

Find a dictionary of a dead language

Okay, you're done.

Take your unoriginal name like Darkshadow, run it through ancient Swahili and bam, your new name.

It will be memorable, as it'll be unique. It'll mean the same thing your old unoriginal name meant and, best of all, you'll never find it taken (or incredibly rarely will this be a problem, but since it's a dead language just mess with the spelling.)

I think it's time that some of you try to create a new and unique identity for yourself, and the first step is a name that doesn't disappear within the first hours of pre-launch.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello fellow players,

I see many of you complaining that "my name will be taken" because you didn't get in during the first wave.

Well, if the name is so common it gets taken that fast, it's not really your name, is it?

I know, I know, YOUR Darkshadow is the first one in MMO history. Your Drizzt is the closest Drizzt to the real Drizzt. I get it, you've created emotional attachments to unoriginal names and it's hard to give them up.

But I'm here to teach you the one simple step to making a name that no one will ever steal.

Step 1:

Okay, you're done.

Take your unoriginal name like Darkshadow, run it through ancient Swahili and bam, your new name.

It will be memorable, as it'll be unique. It'll mean the same thing your old unoriginal name meant and, best of all, you'll never find it taken (or incredibly rarely will this be a problem, but since it's a dead language just mess with the spelling.)

I think it's time that some of you try to create a new and unique identity for yourself, and the first step is a name that doesn't disappear within the first hours of pre-launch.

but that requires work. i refer to my natural berating of shennanigans as posted on the last /cry my name is taken post i saw.

NOOOOOOOOOOO not my name damn yous interwebs!!!!

LOL srry couldnt help myself too funny, so many ppl crying so little time to post.

Star wars has many characters with pretty simple and common names (just take Luke). It is the surname that makes many of them interesting...

In the end BioWare failed to see how names in Star Wars work, and made the crappy decision that surnames should be part of the legacy system.

Star wars has many characters with pretty simple and common names (just take Luke). It is the surname that makes many of them interesting...

In the end BioWare failed to see how names in Star Wars work, and made the crappy decision that surnames should be part of the legacy system.

If it displeases you, do not use it.

Hello fellow players,

Step 1:

Okay, you're done.

lol what a generalizing ******,

Use your own name

Try this:

Say your name is John Adam Smith ---

1) Take the first two letters of your last name: SM

2) Take the first tow letters of your first name; unless it begins with a consonant then move to your middle name. (Last resort, just pick a vowel.): AD

3) Now reverse your middle name: MADA

4) Smash them together: SMADMADA

I know there are tons of other mashups out there include Star Wars Name Generators, but give it a try.

I hate to say it, but if I have a gripe with anything, it's the naming system in the game. The whole "Legacy" bit seems out of place for roleplayers, especially if you want something akin to a "Jedi family" but you want an alternate that's a trooper or something. How do you explain that? She/he got the short end of the stick when insemination occurred and did not get any midi-chlorians?