Tiny Visual bugs that need attention at some point...

Zehal

Hello,

I created tickets for these and was referred and encourage to post it here because I was told the "Development team actively monitor our forum and are constantly looking for feedback from our players". I was referred this link for posting. :confused:

So, here goes:

These visual bugs only persist after as you replay the chapters of KOTFE...

1) I'm sure its been mention before but yes: "Naked and weaponless Old Companions that persist in the cinematics from chapter 1 to 2.

2) Dead or temporary companions: Like Marr or Darth Acina should not have the remove equipment button or players should not be able to remove their weapons if you can't equip it back to the character.

EDIT: However this can be serious, especially if you end up with a mostly harmless companion in veteran or master difficulty of the chapter. Thanks SteveTheCynic for mention

The second one was the the reason I reported the bug... I know its not game breaking but its odd because just a few days I was able to change Marr saber and have him use other flashier light sabers. However, just recently that is not possible.

Not sure what's going on behinds the scenes of the game but I wanted to put it out there to players who like me like to replay the chapters... to be careful with Companions that are dead or temporary unless you want to see them naked fighting with their fist (I have not dare to touch any more dead/temporary companions after this incident)

In the case of Marr at least his armor is glue to his character, but it was funny after my frustration with breaking immersion of the first Chapter wore off seeing him fighting with his fist and not being able to DPS or Tank without a saber. :rolleyes:

I only hope by the next time I re-sub again to play to continue the story this tiny stuff gets some attention. I know I know its not a big deal but... it just really worries me seeing this stuff overlook... some of it I read in the forums have been there for a long time... :confused:

I know many of these cinematic bugs among others have been reported over the *years* of SWTOR but I guess I just wanted to try one last time and also make aware to players who take more seriously such immersion breaking bugs, if they are still playing/re-playing those chapters.

Thank you for taking the time to read and if a dev is taking the time to read these type of forum post: "Thanks for at least taking the time to take a look and try to fix it" :)

Edited by Zehal
EDIT: However this can be serious, especially if you end up with a mostly harmless companion in veteran or master difficulty of the chapter. Thanks SteveTheCynic for mention

I'd like to add Theron's ugly AF default blasters showing up in cutscenes at least during KOTFE (haven't replayed KOTET recently so can't comment there) even when he's equipped with other blasters, even worse is that both sets of blasters appear on top of one another.

Would be nice to get rid of these default blasters during cutscenes to show the ones really equipped properly.

Edited by Goreshaga

1. Floating lamps on the trail outside the Tython Jedi temple.

2. Trees and rocks doing the same on various planets

3. Misaligned geometry leaving seams and gaps (buildings; the seam in the middle of Corellia's Axial Park)

4. Ugly, distorted, low-resolution, eye-bleeding UV-mapping errors on Tython's rocks

5. Low-rez clothing fabric painted on the body mesh rather than part of any higher-resolution armor piece.

6. The Jedi Defender ship, lower right-hand corner, ugly, rezzed-out element on the char select screen.

7. Small bitmaps stretched over large swaths of geometry leaving anyone to guess what it was supposed to be

8. Identically-dressed cloned NPCs talking to each other for the sake of sparing our graphic card texture caches

9. Kinetic recoil on energy weapons

10. Outfit and hair clipping

11. Talking to a companion in a cut scene on one's starship while a copy of him/her is standing right there

12. Bleed-through from other people's strongholds of naked comps

13. Bleed-through from other people's heroic and flashpoint instances of repair droids and holos

14. Dozens of stronghold decoration lights that glow but do not cast any ambient light whatsoever

15. Cloudy/speckled artifacts everywhere when using ambient occlusion (enhanced shadows)

16. Inappropriate dark auras around geometry, such as snow, as well as players, with enhanced shadows

17. Instant and channeled damage, healing, or defensive moves occurring before/after their animation

18. NPC and companion ventriloquism (mouths not moving during voiceovers)

19. Drawn weapons not showing equipped on companions, player, or NPCs if space-barring fast in cutscenes

20. Drawn weapons not showing equipped on companions or players outside of cut-scenes

21. Shadows from off-screen objects failing to render when panning the camera to certain angles

22. Waterfalls appearing/disappearing when viewed edge-on

23. Taxis flying directly through geometry (bulkheads) on fleet

There's also a host of other visual disappointments that aren't exactly errors, but limitations in DX9 and the game engine, but that's for another day.

Wow thanks for bringing those up... it really worries me that so much are still not fix.

Hmmm, I wonder how long its community would take to fix these with Mods... if this was a Single Player game like Skyrim, Sims, Dragon Age Inquisition, etc... Then again if its an engine limitation this could be a challenge.

I would not even mind if we get community cosmetics approve by the Dev team into the game for purchase... like in Warframe.

Ahhh one can only dream. :D

Anyway, thanks for posting those other bugs... fingers cross, that at some point these will be look at. :)

Edited by Zehal

2) Dead or temporary companions: Like Marr or Darth Acina should not have the remove equipment button or players should not be able to remove their weapons if you can't equip it back to the character.

The second one was the the reason I reported the bug... I know its not game breaking but its odd because just a few days I was able to change Marr saber and have him use other flashier light sabers. However, just recently that is not possible.

It's not in any absolute sense game-breaking, but I think you're understating how serious it is, especially if you end up with a mostly harmless companion in veteran or master difficulty of the chapter.

It's not in any absolute sense game-breaking, but I think you're understating how serious it is, especially if you end up with a mostly harmless companion in veteran or master difficulty of the chapter.

Oh wow this is true... I already had Veteran and Master by the time this started to happened but it WILL definitely impact seriously, any attempts to do these difficulties for a player that makes the mistake of taking away these Temp/dead companion weapons!

Thank you for bringing that up. Ill edit my post. You always have something insightful to add thanks. I always enjoy reading your post.

Glad your still around SteveTheCynic hope you and yours are doing well! :)

Edited by Zehal