Starships as Legacy Unlocks

Lamalan

Similar to the class buff unlock, or race unlocks, could we get Starship unlocks for legacy? So either with credits or cartel coins at a certain legacy level, the player would be allowed to unlock their starship for their legacy. This would let their other characters (imp and pub toons) use that starship as their main starship.

For the most part the cutscenes when leaving spaceports and whatnot would be interchangeable. I think the main issue would be getting the companions to use hooks on starships so they can move between them without issue. And the occasional ship cutscene might need to be altered. However I think the added utility and customization for players would be well worth it.

They would also need to change the maps in ground starports / hangars (and the Fleet ones) so that it showed the ship you were using. (It would look a bit crap if your Jedi got out of his or her D-5 Mantis and saw the outlines of a Defender corvette on the map.)

And apparently the code that drives the eight ships(1) is a horrible tangled mess of interlocked tangles, so revised ship options are unlikely at the best of times. Perhaps the option would only be available for characters who have their ship back after KotFE Chapter IX, when all those cinematic scripts don't matter any more.(2)

(1) One Thunderclap, one XS Freighter, two different Defenders, one XB70, one D-5 Mantis and two different Furies. (The layout of companion and furnishing option locations is different between the JK Defender and the JC Defender, and the same is true for the SW Fury and the SI Fury. They might look the same, but they are not.)

(2) The last cinematic script that happens *in* the ship is in KotFE Chapter I, when you talk to your companion and can tell whoever it is to take off back to the Empire or Republic to tell the authorities what happened.