Is ranked alive?

kuthroat

My buddy and I just came back to the game after 7 years. We only care about pvp. We just got all our toons geared and are now ready for ranked pvp. Two questions:

1. I have been in the solo que all day. Not one pop. Is there a better server for ranked? WOnder if they can merge all pvp ques.

2. Are there actually pvp guilds? I love our guild now but I wouldn't mind putting my pvp geared toons in a pvp guild that actually focuses on pvp.

Please advise.

I don't know about solo ranked, honestly. It probably is less alive than usual.

Team ranked is alive and well due to the components RPM-13 for top-tier augments only being obtainable through doing it. Many Solo-ranked regulars are doing TR instead, since they know they'll get their Elo either way and now have monetary stuff to gain as well.

Basically, if you want to do ranked, TR is it. Joining a PvP guild is a better way to achieve this than grouping up with randos.

Good luck.

Team ranked is alive and well due to the components RPM-13 for top-tier augments only being obtainable through doing it. Many Solo-ranked regulars are doing TR instead, since they know they'll get their Elo either way and now have monetary stuff to gain as well.

This is just not true. Is team ranked "alive"? Yes, if by alive you mean it's populated almost entirely by mat farmers and teams farming mat farmers. There are of course some legitimate team ranked games going on, but very rarely is that taking away many people from solo ranked.

Also, there are win requirements to get rewards now. It's not as simple as "getting elo" when you need at least 80 wins for gold.

1. I have been in the solo que all day. Not one pop. Is there a better server for ranked? WOnder if they can merge all pvp ques.

Solo ranked pops on Star Forge from about 6pm est to 2am est, give or take an hour or two.

I don't know the exact timings on Darth Malgus, the eu server, but I believe it starts popping much earlier in the day.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

I don't know about solo ranked, honestly. It probably is less alive than usual.

Basically, if you want to do ranked, TR is it. Joining a PvP guild is a better way to achieve this than grouping up with randos.

Good luck.

Also thru raiding as well, I believe ops drop those ..

On DM it is very alive. You get 2-4 mins waits in DPS from around 1500 to 0000 hours CET time.

In tank or heal it is 10 mins or more.

TeamRanked has a revivification, currently it is not guild focused but I know that some guilds are tying to build teams.

PvP Guilds have been scattered since Arenas started. This new incentive might change things for TR.

We will see how it goes.

I have heard that Stroke My Wookie, It's Nothing Personal are tying to build teams.

While Force Leach My Banana where also que teaming yesterday on DM.

It is a pity cause with PvP Challenges in the game (since two years) a medium size guild could practice and really climb up its capability in this regard.

Edited by limenutpen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.