Upper Hand proc with companion?

PanzerKpw

Uhh ... I think you must be slightly confused. The mob dying has no effect on Upper Hand be able to proc at all. Upper Hand is a buff gained by using one of couple abilities and if specced for healing has a chance to proc with a tick of a HoT.

So if your expecting to see Upper Hand trigger because you killed a mob, then unless your killing that mob with "Blaster Whip" your not going to see it. So your companion has no effect what so ever on your Upper Hand proc.

Uhh ... I think you must be slightly confused. The mob dying has no effect on Upper Hand be able to proc at all. Upper Hand is a buff gained by using one of couple abilities and if specced for healing has a chance to proc with a tick of a HoT.

So if your expecting to see Upper Hand trigger because you killed a mob, then unless your killing that mob with "Blaster Whip" your not going to see it. So your companion has no effect what so ever on your Upper Hand proc.

According to the Upper Hand skill information available on Torhead, you should gain an upper hand upon "Defeating an opponent", but I doubt you will get one, when your companion makes a kill. I don't actually recall if upon "Defeating an opponent" I gain a Upper Hand, but I must say I've not really been keeping track of it.

Indeed, you do get UH when you defeat an opponent, but as I see right now, if your companion does the killing blow, you don't get it, which I find kinda ******.

that is true, if your companion gets the KB, you don't get a proc, but tbh 9 times out of 10 I get the kb, so it's not exactly a HUGE problem, tbh you should get used to working without the KB stack, as in longer fights and FPs/Ops you're not going to be getting them.

• 2 months later...
I miss out on Upper Hand constantly due to this bug. It's really fun when I'm able to Sucker Punch three enemies in a row and recover UH each time, but in many cases I'll kill an opponent, turn to the next, and not have UH available to use.

Considering how vital UH is to Scrappers, having team mates, much less companions being able to "Upper Hand steal" from you can't be "working as intended". If so, that would be some serious design-fail.

Considering how vital UH is to Scrappers, having team mates, much less companions being able to "Upper Hand steal" from you can't be "working as intended". If so, that would be some serious design-fail.

If you generated an Upper Hand every time you gained a kill credit in a WZ... wow... that would be a lot of Upper Hands. Also, I don't really buy that this is a Scrapper issue. As a Scrapper you can generate an UH every 6s very easily and I'm pretty sure the class is balanced around that assumption. It's Dirty Fighters who sometimes struggle to generate those Upper Hands far more (and who also get less killing blows as their attacks are generally smaller.)