The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Redeemed Revan's Lightsaber - Please Include a Version Without Any Effects

arunav

This hilt was a part of the 1.0 launch game, and was available in multiple, easy-to-obtain variants for both LS and DS users until game update 4.0.

While still technically in the game, it is an exceedingly rare drop around level 50, and limited by a Dark IV or V alignment to use. What used to cost approximately 50-100k is now hundreds of millions of credits on the GTN to buy it as well.

For people with alignments that are LS, there are no longer options for the hilt on newer characters. While it was used by Revan in earlier eras of the game, it was available as a hilt for all classes and alignments, with a normal, SWTOR launch blade and a film/Clone Wars-type sound.

This is why some of us were particularly excited for this hilt to be brought back in the CM. Unfortunately, as with a lot of weapons added to the CM, it includes an effect, based on what is seen in previews from the PTS.

This leaves players that just want something akin to the hilt that was in the game for years and then removed out of luck.

Can you please make a version without the effect, and with a normal blade, as seen in launch-era sabers generally? People would certainly buy either one, based on preference for the effect or not.

Lastly, it's not possible to preview the sounds for this and the other incoming Revan lightsaber. Please keep them "normal", as described above. We didn't see notable characters in the films or Clone Wars use sabers with over-the-top sounds. A very common critique of CM lightsabers is a lot of hilts look great but they sound... well, not what many players would prefer. I'd also note powerful Force users in the SWTOR story also use lightsabers, generally speaking, that don't sound much different than you'd see in the OT films, Clone Wars, or prequels.

In any case, thanks for reading and considering the feedback. Looking forward to the 6.2 story.

Edited by arunav

Yes I agree, a version with a normal blade would be very nice.

Some might argue that the Vile Primeval Ardent Blade’s Lightsaber (still available as a drop, though extremely rare and very expensive on the GTN) still fullfils this, but that saber is only usable by Dark IV characters, leaving Light side characters without any options.

Here I very much agree, it seems they can't make normal blades in lightsabers anymore and for those of us who prefer the simple look it's getting annoying. I didn't suggest it myself because, honestly, I doubt it will happen. It's platinum, they will want to charge 5k ccs for it, and it's harder for them to justify that kind of ridiculous price without a special effect, just for a cool hilt. But for me it'd be worth more without effect than with it :(