Decorations Don't Drop from FPs Anymore?

Lexnis

Hello all, returning player here. I haven't played in years but a combination of the lockdown and buying a gaming PC for the first time brought me back to the game!

I loved decorating strongholds and was excited to get some decoration items from Flashpoints and Operations, but I have never seen a deco drop from Flashpoints, and I only see basic/unworthy drops in Operations now. I do Master Mode FPs, which I believe is the hardest level, but am disappointed that the bosses and bonus bosses don't drop decorations anymore. Is this a glitch, or is the drop rate just abysmal? If it's a drop rate issue, I dont think I'll be wasting time on FP's anymore, but would like to know!

Also, I only run SM OPs so I'm assuming that's why I dont get good deco drops from my runs.

Hello all, returning player here. I haven't played in years but a combination of the lockdown and buying a gaming PC for the first time brought me back to the game!

I loved decorating strongholds and was excited to get some decoration items from Flashpoints and Operations, but I have never seen a deco drop from Flashpoints, and I only see basic/unworthy drops in Operations now. I do Master Mode FPs, which I believe is the hardest level, but am disappointed that the bosses and bonus bosses don't drop decorations anymore. Is this a glitch, or is the drop rate just abysmal? If it's a drop rate issue, I dont think I'll be wasting time on FP's anymore, but would like to know!

Also, I only run SM OPs so I'm assuming that's why I dont get good deco drops from my runs.

You can only get them by doing the solo FPs now.

I had been running a lot of FPs in the last few weeks trying to gear toons, and when doing FPs at Vet or Master (Nathema, etc.), I have seen decos drop as group loot. Heck, I've been lucky enough to win the rolls on a couple.

So unless they changed loot tables in those few weeks, they do still drop even outside of story mode.

• 3 months later...

Would seriously love to see more than one or two decos dropped from FPs or OPs where there can be in upwards of 16 players. It's bad enough that you might get one piece of 305 armor per run....

Heck, would love to see more decos dropped all over the place instead of out-leveled weapons and armor, for sure!

And perhaps less of the same old wreckage, banks, contagion fiber drops. How about more signs, lights (in pairs!) and hanging art in general? :jawa_biggrin:

Would seriously love to see more than one or two decos dropped from FPs or OPs where there can be in upwards of 16 players. It's bad enough that you might get one piece of 305 armor per run....

Heck, would love to see more decos dropped all over the place instead of out-leveled weapons and armor, for sure!

And perhaps less of the same old wreckage, banks, contagion fiber drops. How about more signs, lights (in pairs!) and hanging art in general? :jawa_biggrin:

Agreed, to me that fact the loot is rolled for and that not everyone gets something is one of the reasons that after doing just a few group actives very early on when I started playing (did the Oricon one and Makeb) is why I no longer do much group stuff. I still do a few WB's every so often, but again loot system is just wrong but at least conquest points when the/that WB is part of that weeks conquest makes it worth while.

Decorations if everyone got it (talking loot drop not finishiong reward) and there was far more variations in each one/activerty would proberbly make some worth doing. However it would also require that the decoration not be limited to one per legacy such as the uprising ones are.

Agreed, to me that fact the loot is rolled for and that not everyone gets something is one of the reasons that after doing just a few group actives very early on when I started playing (did the Oricon one and Makeb) is why I no longer do much group stuff. I still do a few WB's every so often, but again loot system is just wrong but at least conquest points when the/that WB is part of that weeks conquest makes it worth while.

Decorations if everyone got it (talking loot drop not finishiong reward) and there was far more variations in each one/activerty would proberbly make some worth doing. However it would also require that the decoration not be limited to one per legacy such as the uprising ones are.

Theyve eased up on this front substantially over the years. Now at least you do get something, even if its not the (random and probably useless) set piece. I remember pug raiding when you used master looter for HM KP/EV. Can't say I miss the loot drama that inevitably followed. (I refuse to do the next boss unless you give me those boots! He already got a piece last op we did! Or other such stupid claims)

I do miss being able to actually be able to complete a HM EV without enraging the first boss in an all pug group where my friend and I are both playing support roles. Or the days when recruiting 6 random people off fleet would net you at least 2 that did in fact know the puzzle in KP HM.

Alas, none of us get what we want.

Edited by KendraP

From my experience as a solo player:

Star Fortress - guaranteed drop from Paladins (2 Paladins per run) and Ephemeris (can be sold on GTN or traded) and Skytrooper Praetorian (can't be traded or sold, although not shown as bound (bug)) in solo mode; from what I read they don't drop in veteran mode

Flashpoints with solo/story mode: some older ones only drop one deco at the end (like Blood Hunt, Assault on Tython)

Some newer Flashpoints with solo/story mode: guaranteed drop at every boss (like A Traitor Among the Chiss)

Spirit of Vengeance: Guaranteed deco drop in a crate when doing it for the first time in "real story mode" (the one with cutscenes etc.); very low drop chance at bosses in subsequent runs in solo/story mode (direct deco drop, no crate); from what I heard better drop chance at higher difficulties

You can check out the decos that drop here:

https://tord.mmo-fashion.com/decorations-by-source/

Edited by Mongorr

I might actually do small group group content again if they dropped their special loot a lot more often. I love getting pets, mounts and decos! But I don't like playing with strangers, so my motivation remains low along with my low odds getting the special loot.

And yah, the whole "one copy of a deco per legacy" thing is as stupid as it gets. Once you get that one copy, what point is there of ever running that content ever again?

Edited by Damask_Rose

Theyve eased up on this front substantially over the years. Now at least you do get something, even if its not the (random and probably useless) set piece. I remember pug raiding when you used master looter for HM KP/EV. Can't say I miss the loot drama that inevitably followed. (I refuse to do the next boss unless you give me those boots! He already got a piece last op we did! Or other such stupid claims)

I do miss being able to actually be able to complete a HM EV without enraging the first boss in an all pug group where my friend and I are both playing support roles. Or the days when recruiting 6 random people off fleet would net you at least 2 that did in fact know the puzzle in KP HM.

Alas, none of us get what we want.

OK, I'll take your word on that as it has been a very long time sinse I have done an OP, (not counting WB as that is still an OP group)

And yah, the whole "one copy of a deco per legacy" thing is as stupid as it gets. Once you get that one copy, what point is there of ever running that content ever again?

Very glad that I am not the only one that thinks this, to me it makes more sense to give a reason to re-do any in game activaty. After getting these one per legacy deco's then maybe a second one for guild if no other player has not already donated one. the motivation drops tramendally.

After a long time sure just to do something that has not been done for a long time but...still it does seem shortsighted on BW's part.