the current state of swtor.

NoobOnDrugz

Greetings,

so i've came from NA servers and then transferred to EU where i am now playing mainly daily, if one thing i noticed is that.

1. there is alot of bot spamming credit sellers to fraud sites

2. the GTN seems to be controlled by these bots aswell

3. Guild Conquest competetion is meaningless - Why ? because it is obvious that some guilds must be using multiboxing bot / macro methods in order to keep their conquest placements, why is it obvious ? because these socalled guild has not 1 not 2 but 4 or more guilds all being in the top, u telling me that 1 mega guild that is splitted into 4 guilds on both sides are legit ruling the conquest every single time ? having such consistency in conquest points ? .. this is obvious proofs of some shady methods being used, a good way to notice this is to watch their main guilds on reset day and watch them explode with a consistent gain on conquest and after a few days when they secured their 'spot' on the list their consistency appears to fall off on conquest, why ? simply because they swapping the shady methods onto the ALT guilds they have, which again shows up having the same MEGA consistency of conquest points as their main guilds have on reset day.

it feels like the game is not managed properly from the employees side and that it lacks alot of management in terms of bans and supervisions, it sounds like most ppl around ingame is aware of these things yet nothing happens.. My question is why ?, is there any way we can prevent this or actually get this under supervision or checked ? because as for now it is literally meaningless to be in any other guild than the same top guild on both sides if u play for conquest placements .. Fix the game, get rid of the botters / macro users, this has a huge impact towards people's will to keep on playing and most properly end up getting inactive due to such issues as these .

This is Mainly aimed Towards EU Darth malgus realm. tho i do saw the same thing happening on NA just with a megaguild consisting of 2 guilds instead of 4.

u telling me that 1 mega guild that is splitted into 4 guilds on both sides are legit ruling the conquest every single time ? having such consistency in conquest points ?

Yes, literally within the first two months of the Conquest system being put into the game, the meta of Mega Guilds came into place; players quickly realized that instead of competing for planetary conquest to get the cheevos, they could just join an alt into the mega guilds and get them done over a few months. Since the devs have not made any interest in breaking this meta by changing the focus of Conquest, it remains the same to this day.

Yes, literally within the first two months of the Conquest system being put into the game, the meta of Mega Guilds came into place; players quickly realized that instead of competing for planetary conquest to get the cheevos, they could just join an alt into the mega guilds and get them done over a few months. Since the devs have not made any interest in breaking this meta by changing the focus of Conquest, it remains the same to this day.

Yeah i see well makes alot of sense, tho with time it has became new mega guilds, tho the real question behind all this aswell is, is it legit ? because i am aiming towards it is not, much of the consistency on both EU & NA for that sake seems a bit too unreal to be just active players and newcomers ?.

Example, u can calculate how much it would take to get 10x chars multiboxing to lvl 15 then go fp's etc for conquest and this is the kind of consistency that i typically see tho it is hard to make a direct calculate only having a ingame leaderboard updating once in a while and not actually being able to see manually each invidual and so on. Tho i think the dev's or gamemasters or employees whoever's job it is, is about time to actually check this, they unlike us would have the access to check each invidual manually and mainly check the largest meta guilds in the game for being legit or not. To me this seems to not be a thing at all, as u say it always been like this it sounds like it never been checked up on .

I don't think that most larger conquest guilds use macros or bots, its more likely that simply those guilds have a much larger activity than your average guild and have close to, if not already hit, the max character cap. most larger conquest guilds I know of usually are close to the 1k character cap despite having 2-3 alt guilds where members can place chars in and a 14-day inactivity policy

quite frankly the system is designed to support this kind of guild management where players just place alts there to gain the achievements/conquest rewards and despite reading most of the conquest complain threads I have yet to see an easily implemented and good system that would break this "meta". some people suggest conquest divisions based on total members but then large guilds would just split into smaller ones and stay below the membership cap for their division

with how easy conquest points are to acquire now with the system we have in 6.0 and assume that an active guild maybe has 500-600 members that plays daily you can easily see how those guilds reach the number of points you would think are "unreasonable". devs fixed one of the easy ways to get conquest points through crafting recently so most likely you will see a slight reduction of points gained over the next couple of weeks

Edited by RikuvonDrake

Yeah i see well makes alot of sense, tho with time it has became new mega guilds, tho the real question behind all this aswell is, is it legit ? because i am aiming towards it is not, much of the consistency on both EU & NA for that sake seems a bit too unreal to be just active players and newcomers ?.

Example, u can calculate how much it would take to get 10x chars multiboxing to lvl 15 then go fp's etc for conquest and this is the kind of consistency that i typically see tho it is hard to make a direct calculate only having a ingame leaderboard updating once in a while and not actually being able to see manually each invidual and so on. Tho i think the dev's or gamemasters or employees whoever's job it is, is about time to actually check this, they unlike us would have the access to check each invidual manually and mainly check the largest meta guilds in the game for being legit or not. To me this seems to not be a thing at all, as u say it always been like this it sounds like it never been checked up on .

Hello from a smallish sized guild on NA servers. I understand your frustration with meta guilds. However they are run legit... well at least the larger ones that I have friends in are.... Large guilds with maxed capacity have members who are conquest focused and very active. They check the objectives weekly and have members craft dark projects and invasion forces, run operations, take down world bosses, pvp, fps, planetary heroics and dailies, story arcs/chapters, they also put together groups to go planet to planet to get the daily kills. They literally go through the list of objectives and get the whole guild involved in doing the same. When you have hundreds of active members who are all after the same goal, anything is possible.

Conquest is super easy. You dont need to multibox or bot to get massive amounts of points fast. Alt guilds are easy to manage as well. You basically have most of the same people in all the guilds, you focus one planet at a time. Once you get the main guild high enough where there isnt any competition, you move to the next alt guild and do the same. Its a pretty straight forward and easy tactic used by a lot of meta guilds on several servers.

I know this isnt what you wanted to hear. Wish you all the best. :rak_03:

Hello from a smallish sized guild on NA servers. I understand your frustration with meta guilds. However they are run legit... well at least the larger ones that I have friends in are.... Large guilds with maxed capacity have members who are conquest focused and very active. They check the objectives weekly and have members craft dark projects and invasion forces, run operations, take down world bosses, pvp, fps, planetary heroics and dailies, story arcs/chapters, they also put together groups to go planet to planet to get the daily kills. They literally go through the list of objectives and get the whole guild involved in doing the same. When you have hundreds of active members who are all after the same goal, anything is possible.

Conquest is super easy. You dont need to multibox or bot to get massive amounts of points fast. Alt guilds are easy to manage as well. You basically have most of the same people in all the guilds, you focus one planet at a time. Once you get the main guild high enough where there isnt any competition, you move to the next alt guild and do the same. Its a pretty straight forward and easy tactic used by a lot of meta guilds on several servers.

I know this isnt what you wanted to hear. Wish you all the best. :rak_03:

Agree with everything written here. There will always be players who scream bots but realistically what jedijoy has said is true. I have been in large guilds in the past, but now run my own small family guilds with one single character exception which is still in a top conquest guild on SS. Even my very small family guild with only 4 family members playing weekly (thou many alts each) we still reach the small conquest planetary goal each week (at present time) on more than one server for both factions. So focusing on one guild with hundreds of players.... very easy to get that kind of conquest point numbers. I know I've been part of those guilds.

Are there any actual known programs that do these things or is it just speculation? I know Everquest had a thing called Macroquest used to let you do all kinds of illegal things, they were pretty good about spotting and banning people. But after a few years they lost their drive to do anything about it. I haven't used it but I hear about it from my friends who still play it. They have another program that is not illegal called ISboxer so like instead of tabbing back and forth you can control the other characters from the main character if I understand it right. Like you will see 5+, 10+ toons all following eachother you know what they're using lol. Legal or not I was always too scared of getting my account banned so I never messed with any of it. Still have that account from 2000 lol.

Are there any actual known programs that do these things or is it just speculation?.

If there are any, we aren't allowed to discuss details here, and the the people who claim that Guild XYZ is botting to get points are just talking out their fundamental orifices, or might as well be, even if they say that some XYZer or other claimed to be botting. There's never any evidence presented, and there's no way I'm willing to put any trust that even a screenshot of a conversation with the said XYZer means anything other than an empty boast, of the "We bot our way to success and you can't do anything about it, God it must suck to be you" type.

If there are any, we aren't allowed to discuss details here, and the the people who claim that Guild XYZ is botting to get points are just talking out their fundamental orifices, or might as well be, even if they say that some XYZer or other claimed to be botting. There's never any evidence presented, and there's no way I'm willing to put any trust that even a screenshot of a conversation with the said XYZer means anything other than an empty boast, of the "We bot our way to success and you can't do anything about it, God it must suck to be you" type.

Ya now after writing it and reading what you said it was kind of a stupid question to ask lol. Figured there might have been one already found and banned or something like that.

LOl, very well said.

Isn't it ironic that the very same reasons people are not allowed to discuss details here in the forums are the exact same reasons people can not post proof or details of how someone is cheating that people keep asking for here in the forums?

Isn't it ironic that the very same reasons people are not allowed to discuss details here in the forums are the exact same reasons people can not post proof or details of how someone is cheating that people keep asking for here in the forums?

Lol that pretty much sums it up.

Hypocritical much? Lol

You say we can't explain details and then complain that there's never any evidence presented. Eat your own words lol guy.

it's tough to for any mmo to keep track of this stuff let alone more that's been up for this long. i would like them to make a new one but keep the story telling and even the art style just update it plus make it frendlery for smaller guilds.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.