Dark Light Tokens - Definitive Way to Earn after 6.0 please

Sarova

Am I correct that you can now (post 6.0) only earn Dark or Light Tokens for renown levels when your chosen side controls/owns/whatevers the galaxy? And that they cannot be earned any other way (including if you rank up your renown during when "force is in balance")?

Seeing that the light or dark side will control the galaxy for half the day, it's quite possible that a player will never earn any tokens as they may not be able to play when their chosen side controls the galaxy. Did the devs not consider this at all?

I'm after one of the sets of dark armour I don't own but at this rate it's not looking very possible to earn enough tokens to buy that :(

Edited by Sarova

Not only when one side controls the galaxy, but also when the balance tips towards either side. They did consider this and changed it accordingly, because a lot of players complained that the 1 hour time frame before the control resets was too short to plan ahead and earn tokens of the desired alignment. Now you can specifically pick the character that you want to level to earn the tokens for his/her alignment and it's much more consistent. Edited by Phazonfreak

I have way more than I need, would like to see a real use for them outside the vendor. Maybe trade them for renown boosts or something.

FYI, in case you haven't checked the vendors for a long time now, you can buy weekly conquest crates for 100 tokens from both alignments.

FYI, in case you haven't checked the vendors for a long time now, you can buy weekly conquest crates for 100 tokens from both alignments.

thank you, that's great to know!

...Unfortunately I have a lot less than I expected. Almost feels like they did a reset around 6.0.

Not only when one side controls the galaxy, but also when the balance tips towards either side.

This is quite a terrible design IMHO.

One side already has a higher activity. If you want those tokens you are going to switch to that side, growing their number even more and tipping the scale in its favor even more.

Just give tokens whenever you rank up, whatever your side, period.

I have way more than I need, would like to see a real use for them outside the vendor. Maybe trade them for renown boosts or something.

You can only hold 100 tokens per character max. As a casual player, unless you had 100 made and saved before 6.0, it will currently take weeks if not months to make enough tokens to buy one of the weekly gear boxes or a full set of armour. I'm thinking they did not consider Dark/Light tokens when they made all the changes in 6.0.

I'm thinking it's probably best to ignore it right now.

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

Edited by Sarova