Do we have to repeat the Introduction-Quest to Swoop-Racing EVERY time?

Tyberina

So, the first time Swoop-Racing was introduced, I didn't think much about this, because it's pretty much the standard breadcrumb-quest to get people to an event.

Y'know the whole:

1. click the terminal on Fleet,

2. go to Dantooine,

3. talk to Zella,

4.-6. talk to the three gangleaders

7. talk to Zella again

8. PROFIT - now you're allowed to start on the dailies/weeklies.

So there I was yesterday, eager to start swooping for credits and conquest, on a character I was fairly sure had done the introduction-quest to Swoop-Racing last time.

I picked up the Sarlacc-Heroic on Tatooine, since it's just a short trip from there to the racing track, figuring I'd use the daily transports to get me around to the other tracks in the galaxy. But once there, I couldn't click on anything - no dailies or weeklies, no swooping to be had.

Then I go to Dantooine, since it's the starting point for the event - same there, clicking on the terminals only gave me 'not eligible for this conversation'.

So I went all the way back to the fleet, to click on the swoop-terminal, spacebar through the cutscene, go back to Dantooine, spacebar through the conversation with Zella, spacebar through the three conversations with the gangleaders, spacebar through the conversation with Zella again, to finally get back to the dailies/weeklies I was aiming for.

That's weird, I thought, oh well, guess I didn't do the quest with this character last time after all.

Today, I wanted to go swooping with a character I am *absolutely* sure had done the introduction quest and.... I had to repeat steps 1.-8. And I guess I'll have to do it all over again, for all the characters that want to go racing this week.

Now, my question: Is this intended? Having to do the introduction-quest again every time the event rolls around? Because the same isn't true for any other events. Pretty sure I can pick up the Rakghul or Gree-Dailies without having to watch the cutscene on fleet every time.

If it is intended... can you please change that? First time, the quest isn't so bad, but it gets tedious and annoying when you want to do the dailies with 10+ characters and have to talk to everybody first every time.

Edited by Tyberina

That is not my experience. I didn't have to do the introductory quest again for the characters that have done them last event.

What I find more annoying ist that there is no overall weekly quest tied to the event that you can pick up through your Activity Finder to get transported to the event area.

That is not my experience. I didn't have to do the introductory quest again for the characters that have done them last event.

What I find more annoying ist that there is no overall weekly quest tied to the event that you can pick up through your Activity Finder to get transported to the event area.

That is my experience as well: I couldn‘t even click the board on the fleet

And YES, they should either add this event to the activities (and add Onderon weekly while you‘re at it) or at least add a quick travel spot in the event area

Did you guys perhaps finish the story missions for the gangs? I only picked up a few of them on 1-2 characters, since I was more interested in swooping than gallivanting around the galaxy on fetch-quests.

Maybe that is why my progress got resetted this week - I didn't finish up any of these story quests.

Oh yeah, and +1 on the Weekly-Transport for the event - driving from your factions Dantooine-base to the track on every character is an unnedeeded annoyance as well.

Did you guys perhaps finish the story missions for the gangs? I only picked up a few of them on 1-2 characters, since I was more interested in swooping than gallivanting around the galaxy on fetch-quests.

Maybe that is why my progress got resetted this week - I didn't finish up any of these story quests.

Oh yeah, and +1 on the Weekly-Transport for the event - driving from your factions Dantooine-base to the track on every character is an unnedeeded annoyance as well.

I have open story missions

(last event I finished all missions I could with the rep I had and after the weekly reset I gained more rep so when the event started again yesterday and I traveled to Dantooine [via the Incursion activities] I had new missions waiting for me...)

I didn't do the story missions and have not been required to go back to Fleet (though I only did one character for the daily CQ objective ).

HOWEVER - AND IT'S A BIG HOWEVER.

WHY is this event NOT in Activities, with the weekly mission auto-added to mission log, AND travel provided to the main event area????????????

This. I get the OP's frustration though. Imagine having to talk to 4 gree robots EVERY time you do the Gree event, being sent from one to another to listen to the same obnoxious monologue. Prior events spaced out the convos [if they had more than one to begin with] rather than forcing players to slog through them all at once. They should be optional bonus quests just like the rep quests, not something you NEED to do to progress the event.