Not enough people here played Knights of the Old Republic

MagicmanNC

Nope. People just don't like being told it's an mmo and being charged mmo fees only to find out they're paying for a singleplayer game with optional co-op. That's the whole issue in a nutshell.
Maybe.

I'm confused at how developers think they can pass off cheap knockoffs of WoW as something new and exciting, and expect to reach subscription levels that, even if they don't rival WoW, at least far surpass anything any non-Blizzard competitor can manage.

I probably wouldn't even call them cheap knockoffs of WoW, because WoW itself is a knockoff of EQ, if they didn't insist on copying all the fail-features that Blizzard has implemented over the past few years to keep their casual base moderately content. But if even WoW is losing subscriptions as they've moved more towards the fast-food style of content, what do other developers expect to have happen to their games when they take the same approach?

Then again, I might still be playing WAR right now if Mythic hadn't abandoned their plans of copying WoW, and slapped on a monstrosity of an RvR system at the behest of whiny beta testers who expected DAoC2.

Edited by Ansultares

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.