Love the changes, but add an option for players to remove Huttball pops

AndriusAjax

Considering the 15 minute deserter timer, we're gonna see some even more obnoxious behavior in the "bad" maps (OPG and most/all Huttballs)

Giving the 8v8 queue an option to remove Huttballs would be a simple fix that satisfies both parties (people who enjoy HB and people who do not). I love HB. But getting 5+ every night can A) get stale, and B) causes the very vocal/outward hatred of all HBs and the subsequent obnoxious behavior we tend to see in most matches.

This is exactly what I expect to happen.

Going forward, since I will still want to get my PvP Dailies and Weeklies done, if I'm in a good mood, I'll just deathmatch it and run out the clock.

If I'm feeling salty, I'll just do my best to get the ball myself and run it back to my own goal to help the other team get a 6/0 victory as fast as possible so I can queue for something else.

I absolutely despised Huttballs in Beta. I felt it could be better, possibly even fun, with collision detection so our avatars could actually block and intercept each other. But that never happened. Nine years later, I still despise Huttballs. In the past, I would usually just leave if I loaded into a Huttballs match. It's no fun for me and I wasn't going to intentionally ruin it for the people who did enjoy it.

There were a few times where I have loaded in and stayed. Usually because I was a filler and there was less than half a match to go.

Now I guess I'll be staying every time. :csw_alderaan:

Edited by AntarNyaus
spelling