Decoration Bug List

EHKodiak

I've made a list of all known bugs with decorations

Decorations that do not seem to drop any longer (or ever have) from their respective Flashpoints. This one is a short list, but a thorn in the side for collectors.

Copero Resort Rug - A Traitor Among the Chiss FP

Illumination Probe Crate - Blood Hunt FP

Manned Blaster Turret - Colicoid War Games

Corellian AA Turret - Operation Meridian

Decorations that list as their source as Cartel Market, Cartel Packs or Bundles, but which are not actually included in those packs or the cartel market.

Battledroid: Alliance - Armed Resistance Command Pack

Covered Light: Green - Armed Resistance Command Pack

Overcharged Iokath Transport Tube - Armed Resistance Command Pack

Zakuul Console - Force Alliance Pack

Festival Flags

Explosive Fuel Tank

Hazardous Material Tank

High Voltage Capacitor

Pressurized Coolant Tank

Void Crystal Container - Marked as Ossus Achievements, but does not exist

Shifting Crystal Container - Marked as Ossus Achievements, but does not exist

Withered Tree - Marked as Ossus Reputation, but does not exist

Onderon City Wall - Marked as Onderon Rep but do not exist

Corellian Zoo Decal

Corellian Zoo Poster

Decal: Recharge Area

Heroic Weekly Mission Terminal

Heroic Weekly Mission Terminal (Imperial)

Heroic Weekly Mission Terminal (Republic)

Seeker Droid: Imperial

Seeker Droid: Republic

Sign: Danger

Sign: Keep Out

Sign: Watch

Starship Fuel Tank

Propaganda: Victory Protocols - Activated

Imperial Travel Station

Republic Travel Station

Ood Bnar Memorial - States Ossus Achievements but isn't available on any achievement.

Decorations that are plain broken in ways or have a duplicate name

Hanging Vines - Deco from Nathema has same name as the one from Felucia Stato, thus can't be placed.

Rodian Patron (Female) - From Underworlds Patron Bundle is overwritten by Nightlife decoration with same name

Weequay Patron - From Underworlds Patron Bundle is overwritten by Nightlife decoration with same name

Graphically Incorrect Decorations

Alderaan Floor Medallion - This is just showing the wireframe on all floor slots, rather than the detail that is in the decoration window.

Banner: Blatant Bek (Hanging) / Banner: Pit Screamers (Hanging) / Banner: Horizon’s Razor (Hanging) - These are all a good foot away from the wall where they are meant to hang.

Blatant Bek/Pit ScreamersHorizon’s Razor Fan Poster - These are all a good foot away from the wall where they are meant to hang

Interface Incorrect Decorations

All the Taxidermy statues have OBJECT HAS NO NAME when hovering over them

---------------

I'm more than happy to provide more information on these if requested with screenshots, just let me know.

Edited by EHKodiak
Actually a bunch of stuff was fixed!
  • Like 1

To help give traction to this post, and to any effort on the part of the dev team to actually address these bugs, some of which have been long-standing now for years despite being (one would assume???) some of the easiest bugs to address, I want to call attention to several other bugs and also to other posts in which they've been raised for additional detail.

Sound Effects Bugs: First off, Xina_LA has a lot of good posts calling out SH issues, one of them about FX issues here, most of which I believe are still unaddressed.

Donation to Guild Bugs: In this post in an old thread, I pointed out the decos that still couldn't be donated to guild as of last December, and I just checked now in game and that list is still accurate. We even got a dev team response on this thread once, it's a shame no one seems to have revisited it and just cleaned up the last stragglers.

Duplicate Names: The issue of decorations overriding other decorations because of duplicate names has been called out in tons of posts, but one of the most recent is here where we got a dev team response saying this is being tracked. Unfortunately, we got dev team responses on earlier threads about this issue too, and still no fix. If Nightlife goes live next week with the decos from last year's Nightlife still overriding other decos it will be, frankly, a disgrace.

This is just a matter of changing the names on decorations, that's the exact fix they rolled out in the past with the Network Security Monitor and Luxury Sconce and others that had duplicate names with this problem. Some of these decos can still be accessed by having the appropriate hook selected before you search, but since the decos won't show up on a standard search it's impossible to know what hook is assigned to the deco in order to find it (by anything except utter chance). Other decos simply can't be accessed at all.

Here are the decos that are still suffering from this problem:

• Merchant Stall: General Goods - Duplicates from the Onderon reputation vendor and the Cartel Market (real money!)
  • Rodian Patron (Female) - Duplicates from the Nightlife event and the Underworld Patrons Personnel Bundle (real money!)
  • Weequay Patron - Duplicates from the Nightlife event and the Underworld Patrons Personnel Bundle (real money!)
  • Stoneray - Duplicates from the pet (Blood Hunt FP) and the deco from the Exotic Creatures Personnel bundle (real money!)
  • Iknayid - Duplicates from the pet (Eternal Championship) and the deco from the Exotic Creatures Personnel bundle (real money!)
  • Hanging Vines - Duplicates from the Felucia Stato vendor deco and the deco that drops from the Nathema flashpoint.

Shading/Light Intensity Bugs: Although I honestly have no hope of this problem ever being addressed, because it's probably caused by some game-wide graphics change they made, I'm calling it out anyway. AscendingSky first noticed this, and in this thread I built on their (and others') reports to explain how many lighting decos have had their shading and intensity changed/bugged. Given that they can't even get the Odessen banners to not be blinding, this is probably a lost cause. :(

Since a couple of the categories in the OP's post seem to come from my my old thread here, I want to go head and link again to my Google docs spreadsheet of all SWTOR decos, which can be filtered (by some enterprising soul on the dev team, hopefully!) to find most of these bugs. (It's also, not coincidentally, how I identified last year's Nightlife decos overwriting previous decos in in this thread which I posted before last year's Nightlife actually went live - and which I mention to emphasize how ridiculous it is that this still hasn't been addressed, and also how easy it should be to identify this issue and stop doing it; I identified the problem within seconds just because an Excel sheet autofills if you're starting to type a pre-existing name, so I cannot believe that no one is doing a similar database check before assigning new names to decos.)

Anyway, if you're using the spreadsheet and you filter Column A (the deco names) by Color, and Text Color (Red), you will see all of the decos that are currently bugged such as to make them entirely unavailable or unusable in game, and the Comment attached to each explains what the issue is for each.

Many of these decos have been in the decos inventory UI for ages but have simply never been released. Others used to exist in game but now no longer do. Others are being overwritten due to duplicate names. A very few can be unlocked and accessed but only through user workarounds.

The OP's list cites 29 decos that show in the decos UI but can't be accessed, but actually in total there are 50 decorations that have issues preventing their use. I honestly think a lot of these are simply deco concepts that were abandoned along the way and will never be released, and it's just that no one's taken the time to go into the decos inventory UI and just delete those entries. :mad:

Banner: Blatant Bek (Large)

Banner: Horizon's Razor (Large)

Banner: Pit Screamers (Large)

Battledroid: Alliance

Copero Resort Rug

Corellian AA Turret

Corellian Zoo Decal

Corellian Zoo Poster

Covered Light: Green

Decal: Recharge Area

Explosive Fuel Tank

Festival Flags

Hanging Vines

Hazardous Material Tank

Helmets on Pikes

Heroic Weekly Mission Terminal

Heroic Weekly Mission Terminal (Imperial)

Heroic Weekly Mission Terminal (Republic)

High Voltage Capacitor

Holofire Jedi Knight Shrine

Iknayid

Imperial Travel Station

Luxurious Oval Rug (Purple)

Merchant Stall: General Goods

Merchant Stall: General Goods

Onderon City Wall

Ood Bnar Memorial

Overcharged Iokath Transport Tube

Pressurized Coolant Tank

Propaganda: Victory Protocols - Activated

Republic Travel Station

Rodian Patron (Female)

Rodian Patron (Female)

Seeker Droid: Imperial

Seeker Droid: Republic

Shifting Crystal Container

Sign: Danger

Sign: Keep Out

Sign: Watch

Starship Fuel Tank

Steam Distributor

Stoneray

Template Trophy: Season 10

Template Trophy: Season 10 (Interior)

Trooper Helmet on Pike

Veteran Helmet on Pike

Void Crystal Container

Weequay Patron

Weequay Patron

Zakuul Console

And finally I'll give a last, loving call-out to the poor Headless Padawan, who has been missing her head and arms since December of 2018 in almost all of her iterations (ie, five decos). C'mon, guys. You use this model in the Statue of an Ancient Jedi deco, clearly the correct model with head exists, please fix the others!

And of course none of this addresses core fundamental Strongholds issues like the cap for individuals and guilds, the long-ignored request for an increase to the X/Y axes, and others. But I've beaten that to death in other threads. Although getting some of these decos bugs addressed won't change my lack of engagement with the game any longer (I've been capped out of new strongholds since before Rishi), it's still important to care about the quality of your product and many of the deco bugs called out in this thread absolutely should be addressed for the benefit of all the players who still can engage meaningfully with your Strongholds system. :( If I can be bothered to care enough to maintain a spreadsheet even though I can't even get new Strongholds, the dev team should certainly (hopefully!) care enough to fix at minimum some of the lowest hanging fruit here.

Thanks for the post - there have in fact been some updates which weren't in the last changelog such as the Alderaan Flood Medal now working properly, and one of the shrines being fixed, but the rest are annoying - it's so frustrating having the duplicate name issues!