question about commando healing

mixedjedi

My understanding is that all healing specs are good and viable. Sorc/Sages, as far as I know, are slightly easier to heal with because of the large amount of Force they have at their disposal. Mercs/Commandos have to manage their resource - ammo - much more diligently. Besides that, you shouldn't have any trouble getting picked up for heals.

I'm a combat medic and I find don't have any trouble healing in flashpoints, might be a different story once I starting operations.

I do agree that the short fall is you do need to manage your resources more than other classes. I find as long as I:

- Try to keep your ammo from falling below 50% so I maintain a good ammo regeneration will maximise my HPS

- Regularly use Supercharge Cells (I used to forget to use it all the time)

- Kolto Bomb as much as you can

The resources seem much easier to manage once you're quite far up the skill tree

Every healer has their perks and certain things they do better and not as well. But imo all are viable it depends on your preference.

Having done Sorc to 30 and doing Commando now, I've fallen in love with Commando. Definitely needs more resource management esp earlier on.

You WILL get many healing cost reduction boons by the 2nd and more in 4th tier. The first 2nd tier skill to get is Super Charged Cell that really is great, as you basically will use Combat Support Cell in FPs and hard Heroics exclusively. Then Field Medicine will get you charged cells like mad to convert.

Another thing Commando's don't have a revive I'm pretty sure.

Plus as Commando you can shoot healing bullets that never gets old :)

Edited by ErisktheRed

Some things to remember when Commando healing:

1. Pop off SC with fair frequency, especially after you get Kolto Bomb. The damage shield it gives can help loads if everyone is taking a lot of damage. Don't ever forget it's there, its very important to use. It also gives back 2 ammo, makes you do 10% more healing, and lets you get off about 4 AMPs in a row before it runs out if you need to pump out some burst heals.

2. Once you get Kolto Bomb, you should use whenever it's off CD after you get the talented healing buff it gives unless you are starved for ammo. The healing buff it gives and the shield buff with SC are too good to pass up, you want to keep them up as much as possible.

3. The main time you will find yourself running out of ammo early on is when using MP over and over again. Keep in mind this heal uses quite a bit of ammo (3 charges each) and if you spam it you will find yourself using Recharge Cells every time it's off CD. This becomes easier after you talent AMP to take off 2 ammo cost for MP every time you use it.

4. Always, always use CSC while healing. I'd recommend spamming Hammer Shot on the tank all the time, even when he has full HP, as it lets you pop of your SC buff at a moments notice for the next pull. If you are doing 100% healing (no DPS on the side) and aren't using CSC, you're doing it wrong.