MM spec 33/5/3 350k damage warzone

DarthElation

Yeah got 374k yesterday so ya have me beat, although I finally got a 2 set bonus (only centurion) so hopefully I can incorporate orbital strike into the picture a bit more. (2 set Field-tech gear((sniper gear) has a 2-set bonus of 1 extra tick on orbital strike).

Can I ask hear wise when you hit 50 what set do you pick accuracy or alacrity?

I think you need to be soft-capped 110%, or hardcapped with 120% for raids, Accuracy-wise, but that's it. I'd also take a good, look at Surge. But then again, my Sniper isn't 50 yet, so I'm still learning it.

Accuracy is important on a MM sniper due to increased defense penetration. ALL our abilities do weapon damage, so its directly relevant to what the targets mitigation is.

A good example of this is try out lethality spec on a tank, compared to MM and you will notice lethality hits just as hard as on a tank (if their shield doesnt go off) as it does with any other players in a game. Internal damage has almost nothing in the game to mitigate against it atm. So the more accuracy you have as a MM spec, the more defensive penetration you will have to kind of have the same effect.

Accuracy is important on a MM sniper due to increased defense penetration. ALL our abilities do weapon damage, so its directly relevant to what the targets mitigation is.

Excuse me for intruding but dosen't accuracy of over 100% reduce the defence chance of the opponent and not the migitation %? As in expertice would in WoW.

Edited by Callistoh

Excuse me for intruding but dosen't accuracy of over 100% reduce the defence chance of the opponent and not the migitation %? As in expertice would in WoW.

I believe so, yeah. Accuracy over 100% reduces Tech\Force damage resistance, as far as I know. But that's the thing - Snipers are mainly Weapon damage.

Tanks aren't the only ones with noticeable avoidance, however. Cover counts as Ranged Defense (at least on the character screen). That said, I'm not sure about stacking Accuracy just to have 100% chance to hit those.

OK so armor effects Energy and kinetic damage, our weapon damage is energy based (scroll over the weapon) Ambush, snipe, follow through, etc. are all energy based attacks.

Accuracy works for both tech and weapon damage chance to hit and ignores a % of defense past 100%. So yes, the more accuracy you have technically the more "armor penetration" you will have.

Hope that clears it up a lil bit.

Your ability to post huge numbers in a WF is directly dependent on how much movement you have to do. If people harass you at all you start losing damage in a large way regardless of spec. I have posted games over 400k damage if I am either babysit by another DPS or a healer, or the other team derps out completely and ignores my existence.

Your ability to post huge numbers in a WF is directly dependent on how much movement you have to do. If people harass you at all you start losing damage in a large way regardless of spec. I have posted games over 400k damage if I am either babysit by another DPS or a healer, or the other team derps out completely and ignores my existence.

This makes sense

http://imageshack.us/f/208/screenshot2012010500103.jpg/

Have another 460k+ one that I forgot to take a pic of from last night. If you want to break the meters, it's much easier to do it with a friend. Being able to drop someone before they can reach you means less time you have to spend casting recuperate. Huttball is also by far the easiest to get a big number. High catwalks and the fire provides safety that's simply not found in other warzones.

You can find out more about my Sniper in my sig.