Kira or T7 for Combat Sentinel?

relnix

Personally for the harder hitting elites I use T7. By the time the mob has plowed through his health pool it's at half health and I'm at full so I can easily finish it off.

For plowing though normal mobs with little downtime then Kiras the go.

Having said that, T7 is my main companion. I also like the Jedi/droid thing it seems fitting :)

Level 27, on tattoine currently.

While kira does more damage, I find T7 soaking up aggro from adds very useful.

With kira you take most of the damage, with T7 he takes most of the damage. Have to use meditation after most packs anyway :p

T7 is cooler though.

Edited by Fryseboks

I use Kira pretty much exclusively for the DPS, she is not designed to hold aggro. I used T7 briefly after I obtained Kira, but I found I was still pulling aggro and T7 would die on a regular basis (due to ****** gear - my fault). I have since switched to Kira and had good success as long as I maintain her gear to the same standard as my own. I frequently send her in first for a few sec to soak any initial aggro before I jump in. On Champion - level mobs, this can mean the difference in surviving the fight.

I am also pursuing the romance plot with Kira, so I also prefer to have her as my active companion for the affection gains.

Edited by Dredknut

Yes there is a romance one....and Kira is pretty ...hmmm... "Forward"?

Already hit it...and have a "story line" justification for it to. Luke in the future learns about the jedi via holocrons right? He read the story of our "forbidden" lurv in it since I am the "greatest jedi of my age" and decided his new order would allow marriage and such...thus leading to Mara and he getting married and having kids.

Also I have a thing for red heads....

ALSO....

Doc is the SHIZZLES as a companion...mobs I had issues with using kira ...Doc = no sweat.

Edited by MikaelKage

Not for Jedi there is not. A Jedi knows no emotion can never acts on romantic feelings. Only those weak in the force have such an option.

Also, i suggest using the droid. Tanking is more efficant then having a weaker DD out.

Not for Jedi there is not. A Jedi knows no emotion can never acts on romantic feelings. Only those weak in the force have such an option.

Also, i suggest using the droid. Tanking is more efficant then having a weaker DD out.

Luke would disagree with you good sir....

Luke would disagree with you good sir....

In his era things are different, the force willed the change to the code. But at our time this is not the case. Follow the will of the force good Jedi, or be lost to your own shadow!

...and have a "story line" justification for it to. Luke in the future learns about the jedi via holocrons right? He read the story of our "forbidden" lurv in it since I am the "greatest jedi of my age"[according to the game and the jedi council anyways your copies all lie] and decided his new order would allow marriage and such...thus leading to Mara and he getting married and having kids.

QUOTE]

Mine and Kira's loves paved the way for future generations...

The force willed it!

Hey guys. I am still a low level but I've read quite a few topics about Jedi Sentinel Builds and I would say that the pick would depend on your build. If you are a Full Combat.. then you would need T7 for its tanking ability so that you can unleach all your skills on the mobs without worrying about your health.

Kira would come handy if you've got a Full Watchman build thanks to your survivability! You could "tank" for her while she could throw all her AoE skills which is something a Watchman Sentinel lacks apparently.

This is my take bases on my reading, not experience xP . I am only a level 12 still deciding whether going Full Combat or Watchman xP hehe

As my Jedi says outright at a certain point in the story quests:

"I disagree with the council's ban on allowing Jedi to fall in love."

or something to that effect.

I use Kira pretty much exclusively for the DPS, she is not designed to hold aggro. I used T7 briefly after I obtained Kira, but I found I was still pulling aggro and T7 would die on a regular basis (due to ****** gear - my fault). I have since switched to Kira and had good success as long as I maintain her gear to the same standard as my own. I frequently send her in first for a few sec to soak any initial aggro before I jump in. On Champion - level mobs, this can mean the difference in surviving the fight.

I am also pursuing the romance plot with Kira, so I also prefer to have her as my active companion for the affection gains.

Thats how I play my sent.