Future armor sets with hood to include alternate chestpiece without hood

Since we've been getting some armor sets now that include 2 chestpieces, I'd like to request that future armor sets that have hood of baldness include a chestpiece with hood off/down. I write future sets because I know it's unrealistic to request it for already released sets, and it seems we'll probably never see a hood toggle.

Toggle feature for sets with hoods to go up or down would be better but there is some headpieces that would still override the hoods that would look so much better under hoods. like fearsome harbinger, phantom/spectre/jadus variants, despot, gifted shadow and so on. some of the old masks and helmets that look like they should go under helms should have the ability to do have the hood up or down with.

A lot would benefit from the hood up with and others would benefit from the hood down with or whatever you would choose. i would love to see more variants of the older masks that are no longer available to either side because of messing with the vendors from some of those old planets. They had really cool items there and not just headpieces either there was also the saber style revan used for like only 10k back in the day though you had to be like darkside with it to use but thats besides the point there was items that dissappeared with the messing of the old vendors

Toggle feature for sets with hoods to go up or down would be better but there is some headpieces that would still override the hoods that would look so much better under hoods. like fearsome harbinger, phantom/spectre/jadus variants, despot, gifted shadow and so on. some of the old masks and helmets that look like they should go under helms should have the ability to do have the hood up or down with.

A lot would benefit from the hood up with and others would benefit from the hood down with or whatever you would choose. i would love to see more variants of the older masks that are no longer available to either side because of messing with the vendors from some of those old planets. They had really cool items there and not just headpieces either there was also the saber style revan used for like only 10k back in the day though you had to be like darkside with it to use but thats besides the point there was items that dissappeared with the messing of the old vendors

That sort of thing is why moving "Hide Hood" from the helmet to a character-sheet toggle next to Hide Head Slot is a good idea. The key thing is that hood-hiding is already a capability - some helmets do it, as do some species - so the Hide Hood toggle would "just" (yes, it's more complicated than that) be a case of changing "if (the helmet says to hide the hood and the helmet is visible) or the species says to hide the hood, then hide the hood" to "if the toggle says to hide the hood or the species says to hide the hood, then hide the hood". It would also stop hoods reappearing in cutscenes that hide helmets.

The only thing it doesn't do is allow a not-up hood to be down rather than hidden, but that really *does* require a chunk more work, and would raise commentary wishing that the existing sets that have "down" hoods to have an "up hood" version... It's a nasty rabbit hole to go down.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd so welcome if they did this.

Also, at least with CM armor sets. slowly add in the hood down variants, especially for popular sets. They are seen on NPCs on fleet or other places in the game, so the models do exist. They just aren't available for players.

One I would really want is the Exiled Master set's chest with the hood down. This is the one based on Obi-Wan in Rebels, in the episode he fights Maul in. The hood down version was on a gear vendor for Consulars for all of 5.x, and every time my Sage went to get gear from it I... felt sad. :(

• 7 months later...