The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Droid Companion Suggestions

First, please avoid the "battle droid" variety - there are already enough of those, the ones with variations of 4-legged/2 weapon-arm droids. Instead, I thought some general suggestions that would be welcome are:

1) A Republic/Jedi-aligned droid

2) An Empire/Sith-aligned droid

3) One or two Underworld designs

All of these are already found in the game. HK-customizations have used a few models, but I would point out that some, including me, find it strange to hear HK's voice with the skins. So, it might not be unreasonable to even use those as actual separate companions. The Republic and Empire customizations from the Forged Alliances FPs are especially excellent ones.

I also saw a suggestion earlier about a different astromech than the T7 one Jedi Knights get. Especially after watching the last episode of Clone Wars this season, it reminded me how welcome a new astromech companion would be. Only problem with a CM one is it would be silent, but perhaps an astromech could be programmed as an exception. The beeps and boops, even in combat, are too iconic as SW sounds to leave out.

Anyway, thought I'd post about this. It's been a really long time since some new CM companions were offered, and the droids are my personal favorites.

Edited by arunav

having a skytrooper (white, black and heavy variants) droid would be interesting. some of the HK customizations would make good companions in their own right. There is a few that would make really companions. almost would like to see more astromechs and the interactions between them and t7. there is a few bigger of the canon droids that could be companions for the most part they seem to be close to fully having what they can do with those. make couple of those rounded czerka 4 legged battle droids.

honestly though i would love too either new event companions, or cartel humanoid companions. Adding some humanoids that dont necessarily have to be tied into the storyline but adding races that havent become companions yet or adding more of a particular species as a cartel companion could be interesting. Both republic and empire arent above using slave forces or canon fodder for their forces could be 1 of those instances.