Jedi Knight going Dark

JHamSUBNB

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to imagine a scenario where a Knight's hatred of the Sith boils over, and he eventually succumbs and becomes Sith himself. I'm not too well-versed in the lore of SW when it comes to understanding how the dark side works. How can someone so passionate about eliminating Sith become what he wishes to destroy? Especially in an Old Republic Era setting. Maybe this Knight becomes frustrated with the Republic, even then, an option would be going rogue. I'd like to understand it better!

Many thanks

I don't know about "and becomes Sith himself", but what you've outlined is the classic outline of falling to the dark side.

And of course "becoming more like the enemy than the enemy is" is a fairly standard trope of fiction in general, one I ran across most notably in James Blish's They Shall Have Stars, also known as Year 2018!, where characters *in* the novel comment on how it has happened to their whole society.

Personally I couldn't. Online someone posted a video of various Jedi Knight dialogue options where he goes Dark. To hear the voice say those things . . .

It's a me thing. My Jedi cannot go Dark. I'm replaying the class stories with new characters and am choosing a few of the wise guy options to have some different play, but to take the Dark choice I can't do it. I want my Hero to remain a Hero.