Weekly Flashpoint missions, am I doing it wrong?

Tinkerizmo

EDIT: I eventually found the solution and I decided to put it here in case anyone else googles this thread looking for answers.

JediQuacker gave me a big hint (thanks dude), which I missed in my hasty reading

Go to the "Mission Departure" area on the fleet (east elevator?) and check if there's a 'green' 'mission turn-in' triangle symbol on one of the terminals.

To get credit for "searching for allies", you have to go back to fleet and somewhere on the main deck there will be a turn in box, click that and you finally get credit.

To get credit for each flashpoint for the weekly 5, it was a little different than what JediQuacker but he was mostly right. All flashpoints gave you a "flashpoint done" popup at the end (the one where it shows rewards and you could add friends) but that does not give you credit to the Weekly 5 Veteran Flashpoint mission. You need to click accept on additional "Flashpoint Quest Completion" popup. Now some flashpoints would give that to you automatically immediately after the "flashpoint done" but *SOME* required you to go back to fleet, find the deck with bunches of holoterminals for quest turn ins. Click one, go through the role play stuff, and finally you get the Quest Completion popup, and then it would count to the Weekly 5.

EDIT: Original post below.

I have 2 issues:

1. I keep getting Hammerpoint Station over and over again with the "random" group finder. I've done 10-15 flashpoints and seen only 2 or 3 different ones and nearly all of them are Hammerpoint Station.

2. I don't get credit towards the weekly missions.

I'm level 73 at this point and have been slowly progressing through the original story line for sith inquisitor. I'm just now almost finished with Alderaan and haven't gotten back to Dromund Kaas to do Darth/Lady Zash's ritual (no spoilers please, but I'm pretty sure I know what's coming). Is it just that I haven't done enough of the full story yet to "unlock" the other flashpoints? Or is RNGesus deciding to f--- with me?

Somewhere on the imperial fleet I picked up missions for the "searching for allies (do a random flashpoint)" and "weekly veteran flashpoint (complete 5 for the week)" and I've done like 10+ veteran flashpoints and gotten no progress for either of these. FYI: Hammerpoint is specifically mentioned as eligible for the weekly 5.

I click the minimap icon for group finder

Verteran Flashpoints is selected and if I look at the filter all 23 of 23 possible ones are checked (and all of those are listed as eligible for the weekly do 5.

The group starts, I enter, we punch dudes in the face, I get the "Mission Complete" popup at the end and click Accept

Then I either click the Exit Area on above the minimap or if there is an obvious door I exit through that

And no credit to these weeklies. Am I doing it wrong?

I just now, dropped both, and picked them back up again from the fleet priority mission box, did a random mission and no credit.

I do notice that often when I leave I'm still in the group and need to right-click my portrait and quit the group from that.

Edited by Tinkerizmo

I have 2 issues:

1. I keep getting Hammerpoint Station over and over again with the "random" group finder. I've done 10-15 flashpoints and seen only 2 or 3 different ones and nearly all of them are Hammerpoint Station.

I'm level 73 at this point and have been slowly progressing through the original story line for sith inquisitor. I'm just now almost finished with Alderaan and haven't gotten back to Dromund Kaas to do Darth/Lady Zash's ritual (no spoilers please, but I'm pretty sure I know what's coming). Is it just that I haven't done enough of the full story yet to "unlock" the other flashpoints? Or is RNGesus deciding to f--- with me?

Somewhere on the imperial fleet I picked up missions for the "searching for allies (do a random flashpoint)" and "weekly veteran flashpoint (complete 5 for the week)" and I've done like 10+ veteran flashpoints and gotten no progress for either of these. FYI: Hammerpoint is specifically mentioned as eligible for the weekly 5.

I click the minimap icon for group finder

Verteran Flashpoints is selected and if I look at the filter all 23 of 23 possible ones are checked (and all of those are listed as eligible for the weekly do 5.

The group starts, I enter, we punch dudes in the face, I get the "Mission Complete" popup at the end and click Accept

Then I either click the Exit Area on above the minimap or if there is an obvious door I exit through that

And no credit to these weeklies. Am I doing it wrong?

I just now, dropped both, and picked them back up again from the fleet priority mission box, did a random mission and no credit.

I do notice that often when I leave I'm still in the group and need to right-click my portrait and quit the group from that.

I am not sure why you are not getting credit toward the weekly for the FP completion, as it sounds like you have already checked all of the points I would think to check - all FPs selected in the list, and make sure you are running the FP through group finder, and that you are running the correct difficulty (Veteran, not Master?).

The only thing I can think of is that other people in your group might not have selected all the FPs in the list. But it would be completely asinine if your progress on your weekly mission is blocked because of the Group Finder settings chosen by someone else.

Regarding the Group Finder settings, that is probably why you are almost always popping Hammer Station - HS is oen of the flashpoints that people are speed running while grinding Reknown levels, so a lot of people doing that turn off all other FPs and effectively only queue for HS. Thus, 90(?)% of FPs being run at the moment are Hammer Station because so many people have removed all others from their lists. They are not progressing Weekly missions, but they are not trying to - they have other goals.

1) Are you certain you are queing only for Veteran FPs and not story?

2) You are getting alot of HS FP because its a lower level one that isnt locked behind story, as several of the Rishi ones are I believe... That means yours, as well as others pool of total FP's to choose from is smaller. - Because you aren't top lvl yet, where most ppl are done with the story - which opens up the pool alot :) So in summary the lower level ppl are dragging you into HS because they arent progressed far in the story. (or so is my understanding of it)

3) Have you tried relogging to fix the Q not updating issue?

Hope that somewhat answers a part of your question :)

I have 2 issues:

You didn't mention going to the Fleet at the end of Hammer Station to talk to Satele Shan. When you click the "Exit Area" button, be sure to then choose "Exit Area", not "Previous Location". This will leave you right behind the terminal to talk to Satele Shan and get credit for the FlashPoint.

I'd have to guess that you still have the "talk to Satele Shan" message in your quest log and you are basically just re-running HS without actually having fully completed it yet. That may also be the cause of you getting HS over and over - you haven't completely finished it yet.

Go to the "Mission Departure" area on the fleet (east elevator?) and check if there's a 'green' 'mission turn-in' triangle symbol on one of the terminals.

It is normal to still be in the group until either you exit the group, or the rest of the group does. Completing the FP does not automatically disband a group.

Edited by JediQuaker

Just tried another Veteran FP, but this time I deselected HS in my list and

1. instead of an instant pop in the queue, it took about 2 min to get a group. I think Erevan's observation about 90% of folks queuing for HS for speed runs is probably accurate

2. I hit level 75 during the run (Yea me! BEHOLD MY SITHY POWAH!!)

3. And now I got credit for the Weekly 5 Veteran FP mission, but not for the "Weekly Searching for Allies" mission. The fine print for that mission basically says "don't filter" so maybe that's the reason.

Then I turned around and did another veteran FP one but this time I didn't filter/exclude anything aaaaannnnnddd still no credit for "Weekly searching for alies" and also no credit for the Weekly 5 veteran FP either.

???????

I'll just open a ticket.

Edited by Tinkerizmo