LVL 75 gear farming and loot discipline categories

PancaSWTOR

Considering that almost all the DPS / TANKS / HEALER classes can live with the same stats on the gear....divided into those 3 big categories...

example : a sage healer need the same stats of a scoundrel healer (my hypothesis, not playing healers atm)

im wrong if i think that the loot thing at lvl 75, considering that it give adaptive armors, can be actually used to farm gear for any char in the same category without any problem?

example : assassin farm for marauder cause the adaptive armor will change from light to medium and the stats required are almost the same

not really sure about endgame thing, but after buying/dropping the sets required, the thing could work again

Edited by PancaSWTOR
adding a new question without opening a new thread

Um, not quite sure what you're getting at here but, yes, most of the mod parts you get can be used on any DPS or healing spec. There is some variation in stats among the various mods, so some fine tuning of spec is possible.

The only major gear difference is in tank gear that has defense and shield stats.

But that's been true ever since they did away with the class specs like Aim, Cunning, etc, and changed them all to Mastery.

Edited by JediQuaker

i was noticing how my sin gear was almost the same as the sorc one, both dps specs and both after 75, with loot disciplines set and none of them is in the mid discipline...hatred i think its called.

so if the thing work for al the chars...farming gear, not for minmaxing and so, but only to get a decent equip, can get quite easier

To start with, yes. Build a general set of 306 gear that anyone can use.

DPS/Heals are almost the same, with heals just not needing accuracy. You can get a general tank gear fast by taking a 306 geared dps (with taunt) into flashpoints with their gear drop set to 'tank spec'. The general sets will be good enough for all story content, VET flashpoints, and the easier MM flashpoints.

Eventually you'll want class-specific tacticals and set bonus gear for each class/spec you run with (if you do the harder content), but once you're in 306 it's easy to build up tech frags and get more mods to fill up your set armors just by spamming group-finder vet flashpoints.

Without opening a new thread...

i was searching for the right sets to hunt and i noticed on some sites that the place where to hunt are said in this way :

"Source: Increased drop chance from defeating Operation bosses."

Does that mean i can get that set (that is not available in the frags shop) playing any other content too? I mean, it say increased...there should be lower in any other...or not?

Without opening a new thread...

i was searching for the right sets to hunt and i noticed on some sites that the place where to hunt are said in this way :

"Source: Increased drop chance from defeating Operation bosses."

Does that mean i can get that set (that is not available in the frags shop) playing any other content too? I mean, it say increased...there should be lower in any other...or not?

Correct. With that said, I believe the drop rate to be so insanely low for random drops that it's not worth really considering. However...

This week, for example, I picked up the Outlaw Parlay's belt b/c it's available on Kai Zykken. That's an item you can't buy from the regular vendor on fleet, but it has an "increased drop chance" from Dxun operation bosses.

That's a long-winded way of saying...be sure to check out the adorable, lovable, oh so sexy, Kai. <<I mean seriously, who wouldn't date him? I just drool and melt when I hear his voice.>> :rak_02:

Vulkk wrote this a while back and I believe it is still operative. It's the definitive guide I go to for questions like yours.

https://vulkk.com/2019/10/23/swtor-6-0-all-new-armor-sets-and-how-to-get-them-guide/

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Exactly the link i was using to check the set i wanted :D

Last time i talked to kay nothing popped...need to try again...

Could it be that under lvl 75 he wont talk to you and i was on the wrong toon?

Or he didnt like my threats on rishi? :rolleyes:

Exactly the link i was using to check the set i wanted :D

Last time i talked to kay nothing popped...need to try again...

Could it be that under lvl 75 he wont talk to you and i was on the wrong toon?

Or he didnt like my threats on rishi? :rolleyes:

He is only available from Friday - Monday (I don't know the exact time, so try on Saturday /Sunday)

im wrong if i think that the loot thing at lvl 75, considering that it give adaptive armors, can be actually used to farm gear for any char in the same category without any problem?

Nope you're right. Gearing at endgame has never been as meaningless, erm, sry, I mean streamlined as ever before.

Nope you're right. Gearing at endgame has never been as meaningless, erm, sry, I mean streamlined as ever before.

streamlined!

efficient!

painless!

mindless!

Oh GOD, I've been in quarantine for toooo long!!