Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

More Near-Human Customization Options

Ylliarus

Yes, it would be nice for players who want them. Sure there will always be the naysayers but as these would be cartel items no one is making anyone buy them. So effectively it's not affecting anyone else. I am all for as many customizations as possible. Edited by Nevaeh-Heaven

While i'd rather have the actual species, if the Near-Human options let me create a Zeltron, Echani or Kiffar, i'm all for it

I admit, it would be nice to get the Near-Human species separately as their own species, but seeing as how a lot of them look a lot alike, I wonder whether it would be useful to add each in separately. For example, Arkanians and Humans only differ in skin tones, eye colour and hair colour. Of course, Arkanians have four digits instead of five, so it might be cool to see them as a separate species with a four digit hand model. Yet other Near-Human species like the Zeltrons and Zelosians only differ from one another and humans by skin tones and hair colours. The same goes for Pantorans. Kiffar in turn only have specific facial tattoos, so one has to wonder whether that warrants the creation of an entire separate species just for the Kiffar.

The best solution for this would be the creation of a Near-Human species playable category, in which an extensive amount of Near-Human customization options are stored in. That way you'd have the distinction between Human and Near-Human, but you wouldn't need a separate playable race for every Near-Human species.

But we have the Sith Pureblood already? That's already a playable species? :p

Or do you mean Arkanian Pureblood?

* (Sith) Halfblood, sorry about that. Arkanian would be cool, too, considering the Arkanian raid armor sets came out way back in 2.0, which were the raid armor sets to get for all classes, up to 3.0. Would have fantastic diversity in this game if the developers just tweaked humans to give us the near-human species... would feel more like we're interacting in a vast galaxy of species

Edited by BlackSilverFire

* (Sith) Halfblood, sorry about that. Arkanian would be cool, too, considering the Arkanian raid armor sets came out way back in 2.0, which were the raid armor sets to get for all classes, up to 3.0. Would have fantastic diversity in this game if the developers just tweaked humans to give us the near-human species... would feel more like we're interacting in a vast galaxy of species

I am not sure what you mean with a Sith Halfblood, as that's basically the Sith Purebloods we already have as a playable species ingame. And as the ancient Sith are extinct, it's impossible in this era to have an ancient Sith produce offspring with a human. But again, that's already what the current playable Sith Pureblood race is. They are the hybridized offspring of ancient Sith and humans. If you want a really "pure" Sith Pureblood, you can just headcanon for yourself that they're from a Sith bloodline that was big on upholding purity.

I would love Arkanian Pureblood though, albeit it would be a little difficult seeing as Arkanian Purebloods are supposed to have 4 fingers. They'd have to get a new hand design for them.

Edited by Ylliarus

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.