Just wondering

TheAresian

For those of you that don't play Dragon Age (and perhaps some of you that do), there is something called Dragon Age Keep which allows players to customize the history of the world they play in. For example, if you were playing Dragon age:Inquisition, the Keep allows you to set the events of DA:O and DA2 and those settings become the history of the world of the DA:I game you are currently playing. Also, those events affect not only the dialogue, but some small parts of the present story including a couple of quests.

What I'm wondering is this: If there were to be another Star Wars game set some time after the current SWTOR, would you be interested in something like the Keep and, if so, what history would you set for your universe?

For those of you that don't play Dragon Age (and perhaps some of you that do), there is something called Dragon Age Keep which allows players to customize the history of the world they play in. For example, if you were playing Dragon age:Inquisition, the Keep allows you to set the events of DA:O and DA2 and those settings become the history of the world of the DA:I game you are currently playing. Also, those events affect not only the dialogue, but some small parts of the present story including a couple of quests.

What I'm wondering is this: If there were to be another Star Wars game set some time after the current SWTOR, would you be interested in something like the Keep and, if so, what history would you set for your universe?

It sure is a better alternative than just going for a set canon like Revan's gender. As for your followup question, that's a very open question as we're talking about eight diferent potential character stories here, with different implications for the republic and the empire depending on who became leader of the alliance.

If I were to design this system though, I think the main points I would ask the player for would be "class," "allignment" and the details for some of the planetary missions and the expansions.

Not many characters in the vanilla story play a extremely central role any more, not since the fall of Vaylin. This is a result of the way they designed the story since Rishi, it's basically turned into Lana's story at this point.