"Reclaim" option not quite working on some Cartel market costumes

-Shutterbug-

Hi all,

I was able to find out successfully that I have the “Thermal Retention” armor set in my collection & I can get a free copy of it for my characters anytime I want. It’s a cartel item. I have other cartel items like the “sanctified caretaker” armor and the “humble hero” armor sets but I can’t retrieve them because I get the the notice when I mouse over the box in the lower left hand portion of the preview window “This item is currently not in your Collection and cannot be reclaimed. Once this item is collected, you may transfer copies of it to your inventory”, and I just. Bought copies of both of those armor and put them in my storage box. The thermal attic armor is also in my storage box, but THAT one can be reclaimed. I also have the “outlander observer” armor, same principles apply - in my storage box, can’t be reclaimed strangely. Why is only the thermal armor able to be reclaimed and not the others? This is SO confusing!!! 😨

Someone want to tell me what the heck he means by "storage box" ??

Does he think that just buying them and putting them in the bank should unlock them in Collections? You can't allow that or people would just unlock them and then sell the original.

Someone want to tell me what the heck he means by "storage box" ??

Does he think that just buying them and putting them in the bank should unlock them in Collections? You can't allow that or people would just unlock them and then sell the original.

well I wasn't sure how to unlock it in the "collections" section, but I do now. It was a foreign concept to me, but now I know how to unlock a clothing set

LOL

That is NOT how the internet works.

Yea but it should work like that.

Op, equip the sets on your character. Then that character will be able to claim infinite copies of those sets. By paying the cartel coins unlock, all your characters will also be able to claim copies of the sets.

Obviously, both the original set you equipped and the claimed copies from your collections are bound, meaning you cant resell them on the gtn. Whether the binding of gear should exist or not is a topic for another day.

One small part of it should be very obvious, though. If Collections allows you to claim unlimited copies, *those*copies* must not be sellable in any way, nor tradeable.

Yes i agree completely on that one, makes all the sense.

Now, a set you buy for the first time, (from CM or not) and it's immediately bound to you. I get the business perspective behind it, but is quite a dirty move. When i started playing this game it was my first mmo, i was negatively astonished when i found out about items being bound. Anyway, yea we could talk ages about this, but it wont change, so that's what it is.