Light Side Marauder

Sappharan

So, hopefully someone will be able to guide me.

There is a point in the story of the saboteur (Onslaught) wherein Darth Krovos proposes an indiscriminate bombardment of the planet's surface and I have a choice to make:

1) That's Monstrous! (Save the civilians) Light Side

2) You're hiding something. (Saboteur) Neutral

3) Very clever. (agree with Darth Krovos' plan) Dark Side

Obviously, I want to make either the Light Side choice or the Saboteur choice, but I am afraid that neither is great, though I am leaning toward the Light Side choice. So, will choosing Light Side prevent me from remaining the saboteur after I have disappointed Jonas, preventing me potentially joining the Republic (if that ever becomes a thing)? I really want to have my Marauder go with the Republic, but I also don't want to do horrible things to get the character to swap factions.

Have any of you made this choice? What happens if you do choose Light Side as opposed to the other options?

Thank you for your time.

So, hopefully someone will be able to guide me.

There is a point in the story of the saboteur (Onslaught) wherein Darth Krovos proposes an indiscriminate bombardment of the planet's surface and I have a choice to make:

1) That's Monstrous! (Save the civilians) Light Side

2) You're hiding something. (Saboteur) Neutral

3) Very clever. (agree with Darth Krovos' plan) Dark Side

Obviously, I want to make either the Light Side choice or the Saboteur choice, but I am afraid that neither is great, though I am leaning toward the Light Side choice. So, will choosing Light Side prevent me from remaining the saboteur after I have disappointed Jonas, preventing me potentially joining the Republic (if that ever becomes a thing)? I really want to have my Marauder go with the Republic, but I also don't want to do horrible things to get the character to swap factions.

Have any of you made this choice? What happens if you do choose Light Side as opposed to the other options?

Thank you for your time.

You don't have to pick every single saboteur option in order to remain a saboteur.

You do have an option to stop being a saboteur later, but it's just an option. And it also requires you to choose not to make a pivotal saboteur option later on in the story. This choice is not it.

I'm curious as to why you think the light side choice would disappoint jonas. Surely talking the empire out of murdering thousands of republic civilians would make him happy.

I picked this choice on my BH sabatour and he overall seemed pleased with my choices.

You don't have to pick every single saboteur option in order to remain a saboteur.

You do have an option to stop being a saboteur later, but it's just an option. And it also requires you to choose not to make a pivotal saboteur option later on in the story. This choice is not it.

Thank you!

I'm curious as to why you think the light side choice would disappoint jonas. Surely talking the empire out of murdering thousands of republic civilians would make him happy.

I picked this choice on my BH sabatour and he overall seemed pleased with my choices.

Thank you as well!