The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cant Buy Anything from Takanna Spoils of War Vendor

Anubisath

not entirely sure if this is a bug or if im just missing something, i figure it should be here regardless, but since the patch I've been having issues with buying items from Takanna, the Spoils vendor on the Imperial Fleet, where i had none before,

The situation:

> I get the return message "You do not meet the requirements to purchase this item." on EVERY item she sells

>>>>attachments and straight items both

> character is a level 75 Shield Tech Powertech, had no issues buying items off her prior to patch

> character has more than enough Tech Fragments for any item (1417 at time of posting)

for ease, what i have tried, based on tinkering and research:

> have set my Loot Discipline to Shield Tech as per the patch notes change

>>>> tried to purchase items under other Disciplines for the same result

> respecced character to test if there was a disconnect happening there somewhere (on the off chance not changing spec in 8 years had an effect)

> logged out and back in (several times)

>>>> this includes a client restart and repair sequence

I encountered this issue only with my level 75 main character. After 6.1 release date whenever I tried to buy an unidentified item from Takanna Spoils of War Vendor in Imperial Fleet it says that I don't meet the requirements to purchase those items. When I noticed this issue I hit level 75 with another character and brought that character to same story progress as my main at that moment. I did buy whatever I want wtih this brand new level 75 character. Customer Service insisted that Takanna needs reputation and sent me the patch notes but I couldnt find anything related to reputation requirement. I asked imy guild then in general chat, talked with some people about this issue but nobody has ever heard of it. After that Customer Service advice me to report this issue as bug. So in short only one of my characters cannot buy any unidentified items from Spoils of War Vendor in Imperial Fleet. I sent in game bug report but no reponse so far.

Is the character in question a PT Shield Tech? I posted in another thread that same issue but it was only happening when my PT was in tank stance. Going to Advanced Proto or Pyrotech allowed me to purchase from the Spoils Vendor. I just made sure my loot role was still Shield Tech. Going back to Shield Tech blocked purchases again so it seems to be with that stance only.

not entirely sure if this is a bug or if im just missing something, i figure it should be here regardless, but since the patch I've been having issues with buying items from Takanna, the Spoils vendor on the Imperial Fleet, where i had none before,

The situation:

> I get the return message "You do not meet the requirements to purchase this item." on EVERY item she sells

>>>>attachments and straight items both

> character is a level 75 Shield Tech Powertech, had no issues buying items off her prior to patch

> character has more than enough Tech Fragments for any item (1417 at time of posting)

for ease, what i have tried, based on tinkering and research:

> have set my Loot Discipline to Shield Tech as per the patch notes change

>>>> tried to purchase items under other Disciplines for the same result

> respecced character to test if there was a disconnect happening there somewhere (on the off chance not changing spec in 8 years had an effect)

> logged out and back in (several times)

>>>> this includes a client restart and repair sequence

I have posted in two other threads about this issue. In this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=976235 and this thread https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=976378

• Dev Post

Hi yarutab, Sareeph,

Thank you for reporting the bug between the Imperial Fleet vendor Takanna and the Powertechs (Shield tech).

This is currently tracked by our team. We understand this issue can be a blocker for players, and so we are aiming to fix this in our next patch, 6.1.1. If something changes, I will keep you updated in this thread.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is there any way to work around this if you don't have another 75th lvl Tank class? I'm about to hit my cap...

Leave your spec and choose a dps one, set the role as tank in the loot target (right click on your character image for the menu). You will have tank items.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...