Maybe I'm in the wrong...

Oh I LoS that on VM and MM but not in the way I've seen others do it. And I do this just so they're easy for melee range to aoe, easily especially if I'm guardian tanking.

Most people I've seen leading an LoS on these guys pull them back out of the room and into a corner which is way too much setup for such simple bosses. I just run in to the room, mass taunt and go into the corner to the left at the back so they all run over and I can pop back out into the open and merrily AoE them all at melee range without running around or losing sight of one due to the camera angle problems from facing the camera back out of the room to keep an eye on my healers butt. Usually i'm here doing this before the rest of the party has caught up and quite often I've dragged the last two mob groups with me too and they're all nicely set to get melee'd. Helps me be sure I'm keeping adds off the healer since modern day DPS players are crap at picking up any slack I may have and requires almost no extra setup or any need to tell anyone what I'm doing in advance. And tbh I find this fun, after a million HS runs I like to mix it up a bit.

Grouping them in a corner makes sense, but los them out of the room is just weird. I even met one claiming she's the one who spread the "trend". Didn't want to say anything so I just stood back and shoot lol

yea you are in the wrong, always assume that it's going to be a speedrun, if you prefer not you can write that in chat as the flashpoint start and see what the other players think. and being tank in a veteran flashpoint is a bad idea, you lack a purpose in those groups since dps can just tank and do things just as well

in regards to the ongoing discussion about LOS:ing, sounds like you are losing more time by hiding than you gain through killing them quicker with aoe, always try to do efficient LOS, like pulling 2-3 packs at the same time, only one is often dps loss

Edited by RikuvonDrake

Related to the topic: Took a guild mate who has never done FP before to run Hammer Station.

Got one lv5x and one lv29. Said in the beginning that I was taking a guild mate for his first run, would appreciate if we take it slow.

The lv29 said it's great because it's her first time too.

The lv5x was an old player and knew his stuffs.

I wrote where to los, how to fight boss etc. at each "point of interest".

Except the lv29 died once during the final boss fight (she stood too far behind, got aggro once, and misjudged the damage done by the boss), none of us even died once in the whole run.

Much, much better result than half of the HS runs I've done in the past few weeks.

And it's not even slower than those "speed run" maniacs who ignore group and got people killed and/or group wiped because we didn't waste time reviving/running back etc.

But I think it did help that we say it in the beginning that we wish it to be slower. At least the response showed how the group take it. If they are being rude or said no, just quit group. No point wasting time there.

• 3 weeks later...
1. The time it takes to gather them up and LOS them is more than the time it takes to just kill them outright. For example, the group just past that 1st (or 2nd) group - in less time it takes for them to come around the corner and to then kill them, you could have just run around and killed them individually.

More often than not if people are lagging behind (and they usually are) you don't burn stuff down fast enough to be able to chainpull without having to heal up somehow. So the first big pack and the pack next to it as well as the pack after the bridge and before the sliceable elevator are faster to LoS nearly always. LoSing 3 mobs is usually just stupid though (unless it's that mando raiders boss where yeah, it's still faster to burn down).

Vet mode is aids for the playerbase expectations about how the group content works but if not for it DPS players would be very, very pissed out with the infinite queues I guess. Then again, we've had KDY and it's arguably less tedious than HS spam.