Quick 50 Marauder PvP

Ultiz

Hey all, just wanted to post a video for all the people complaining that we suck or are underpowered etc etc. I sped the video up because 15mins took too long to process and upload last time :mad:. Advice is always welcome as is flames or hate.

PS: Reason why I didn't do much with the objectives is mainly because as a marauder... I find just killing any and everything works out 80% of the time. Void star doors? let the invis get em. Huttball? Let the tanks and force speeders run it. Not saying we can't run it, but without a proper healer and people actually running ahead for passes, we can't deal with a team that constantly pulls and pushes +immobs non-stop. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaiHXX4ckzg

If you think posting a video of you PVPing in far superior gear compared to the people you're facing in any way convinced anyone that Marauder isn't underpowered, then you're horribly mistaken.

I guess you havn't seen my lvl 33 vid huh? fact of the matter is, if your having troubles with marauder or sentinel its because of two reasons.

1. You just might not be cut out for lots of keybinding skills.

OR

2. You just plainly...suck. sorry, don't mean to offend but alot of you just suck.

Before I had this gear, I could still perform just as well. Just couldn't take alot of focus fire. I've faced plenty of people in 50 pvp gear and they still lost. Why? you choose.

1. I'm that boss

or

2. They sucked.

kkthx

If you think posting a video of you PVPing in far superior gear compared to the people you're facing in any way convinced anyone that Marauder isn't underpowered, then you're horribly mistaken.

I dont have fraps yet, Today I did a match for my daily.

http://imageshack.us/f/94/screenshot2011123012261.jpg/

They had 2 50 bounty hunters, a 40 sorc and a variety of others. I was the highest on my team.

You really expect someone's going to watch in 2x speed?

ya looks epic :D

gonna make more soon with reg speed. Friend just wanted to see a match so i sped it up since we came from aion. (fast combat)

Edited by Ultiz

from your mid-levels video looks like force camo is a big deal, as you can **** when you're going low on health and avoid getting ganked by the rest of the players as soon as they notice, or drop aggro from whatever is killing you in pve. maybe people that say they die too quickly haven't learned camo yet? just trying to reason here...

So from watching that op video I can point out a few things:

• Majority of kills had other allies assisting
  • what solo kills you did get were against lvl 15's or had 1/2 life to start with
  • anytime you got one ranged dps class was shooting on you, you died
  • you had a decently organized group or rather a half decent pug where they assist and focus fire
  • Some of your targets were getting healed through the dots for so long before they died it does nothing but buffer your "300k" dps.

It's like someone saying how much dps they get from rage, well yeah if I got 3.5k hits on 5 people in a group every 7 seconds but didn't get any kills I could build up 300k really easily too!

If you charged into a group of 2-3 and killed one from full health before dieing I'd think the class was just fine. Other dps classes can do that, marauders can't.

@OP you're not even good.

Marauders are powerful in PVP, we lack some utilities but rage specced I get along just fine. If I have a healer behind me then I'm unstoppable.

Most of the problems are L2P issues.

Exactly. If I'm not even that good and I can pull that off, why are so many people complaining?

So from watching that op video I can point out a few things:

• Majority of kills had other allies assisting
  • what solo kills you did get were against lvl 15's or had 1/2 life to start with
  • anytime you got one ranged dps class was shooting on you, you died
  • you had a decently organized group or rather a half decent pug where they assist and focus fire
  • Some of your targets were getting healed through the dots for so long before they died it does nothing but buffer your "300k" dps.

It's like someone saying how much dps they get from rage, well yeah if I got 3.5k hits on 5 people in a group every 7 seconds but didn't get any kills I could build up 300k really easily too!

If you charged into a group of 2-3 and killed one from full health before dieing I'd think the class was just fine. Other dps classes can do that, marauders can't.

Well for starters, there were only 2 people on the other team That I Could Not solo. That was Dimach and Envii. Every other 50 on that team could die if I had found them solo. Also, about the 2-3 people thing. If you didn't notice, there was hardly any way to do that. Why? probably half their team could heal. Had those healers (the one healing the 50 mando) been dps, I would have killed him and died in the process.

Also about the first point, It's an 8v8 warzone...people nonstop complain about being underpowered but when given a video showing that a marauder can be halfway decent on a apparently "non-skilled" player they pick the video apart complaining that I should have ripped through the whole team alone. Also, What dps classes have you seen jump into a group and killed someone of equal level and gear before dieing? The only class I've seen capable of that were Scoun/Ops

Well for starters, there were only 2 people on the other team That I Could Not solo. That was Dimach and Envii. Every other 50 on that team could die if I had found them solo. Also, about the 2-3 people thing. If you didn't notice, there was hardly any way to do that. Why? probably half their team could heal. Had those healers (the one healing the 50 mando) been dps, I would have killed him and died in the process.

Also about the first point, It's an 8v8 warzone...people nonstop complain about being underpowered but when given a video showing that a marauder can be halfway decent on a apparently "non-skilled" player they pick the video apart complaining that I should have ripped through the whole team alone. Also, What dps classes have you seen jump into a group and killed someone of equal level and gear before dieing? The only class I've seen capable of that were Scoun/Ops

half-way decent I can agree too but who wants a half-way class? as for the 2-3 in a group, in addition to scoun/ops(scound especially), I've seen snipers do it, I saw a sorc do it. I even saw a trooper do it once.

Heck I've gotten a 250k dps round on my lvl 15 engineer specced sniper alt in huttball the other day. My beef isn't that marauders can't do dps, it's they can't do as well as any other dps class without some cc changes, and no one needs to cover up the fact that there is a problem that needs to be addressed.