New Character Class

QueenJen

Just a suggestion that I thought would be really neat...Add a Republic SIS Story line and an Imperial Soldier story line. I also think it would be cool if the bounty hunter and smuggler could be neutral or join the faction of their choice. Might be a bit much but in the current story lines, some characters are introduced to the opposite faction, maybe give the choice to join that faction and betray the previous (ie join empire and betray republic)? Just some thoughts to add to the class story lines. I don't know about others, but playing the same story line each time gets boring. Same with the fallen empire...maybe give a choice to actually surrender or join the eternal empire.

Just a thought!

Just a suggestion that I thought would be really neat...Add a Republic SIS Story line and an Imperial Soldier story line. I also think it would be cool if the bounty hunter and smuggler could be neutral or join the faction of their choice. Might be a bit much but in the current story lines, some characters are introduced to the opposite faction, maybe give the choice to join that faction and betray the previous (ie join empire and betray republic)? Just some thoughts to add to the class story lines. I don't know about others, but playing the same story line each time gets boring. Same with the fallen empire...maybe give a choice to actually surrender or join the eternal empire.

Just a thought!

This is not wow that they will add big things like this in this game you get minimum effort things with lots of bugs.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I fully agree, and suspect that was planned all along. (Imperial guard would also be an option.)

But if it ever was planned, the idea was permanently abandoned in the mass-firing of 2012, when they decided to keep running the game with a minimum core team that focusses on endgame.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
I feel the best way to keep people playing is a to make a new Character Class. I think a light saber whip would be the best you could do you could also get a capital ship to make space combat a little better . I have been playing since 2017 and don't want to see this game go ,but the story is so long. I have only got to onslaught once. or you could do a night sister character class to that would be cool to. this please consider this. this is the best game out there.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I feel like these are supremely awesome ideas... and I have a few more!

I would like to see a whole new faction, some form of "reject" faction that consists of classes of the "others," or "non-aligned."

For instance:

• Padawan failures that find a niche away from the Jedi with their latent skills with the Force, not necessarily Dark Jedi (that could be its own class/variation, though maybe with a similar starting point), and/or someone who never got identified as a child as force sensitive (you've already done this with some of the companions; why not something resembling a back story - not necessarily for those companions - in the form of playable material?); this could also work with dark side force sensitives maybe hidden away by loved ones (similar to Ensign Temple's story, but perhaps with more attunement with the Force), someone who hides in the outer rim to avoid being confiscated or killed by the Sith for not joining their ranks.
  • Actual failed or disenfranchised Sith acolytes who, similar to failed Jedi described above, escape failure's fate on Korriban (escaping could be part of the adventure, a little more dynamic than Clemral, Alif and Phyne, like maybe they were a little more promising - not necessarily the shining star - and then betrayal sends them off running for their lives) to end up in the same mix of Force adepts.
  • Bounty Hunters who follow more discreet jobs vice the "glory of the Great Hunt," kinda BBA-like, but with more of an overarching storyline (kinda like chasing down Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, I mean we sorta see that with Skavak in the Smuggler story, but that's more about revenge than "just a job" professionalism, and we got a small taste with Gault Renault). Maybe the antagonist(s) could be systematically eliminating something like competition for themselves, or preparing something comparable to a coup (something macrocosmic like what Palpatine did; you barely touch on this sort of paradigm with Darth Jadus, but in that story you find out in the end, and then you have one decision, do-or-die, whereas what I'm suggesting would be more akin to seduction, all along the way, like Palpatine and Anakin, but bounty hunters), that might end up adversely affecting the protagonist, like culminating in a choice to either align with the antagonist, or else undermine and defeat them (like Zash in some ways, but with the option to align).
  • Smugglers who somehow get themselves into very, very sticky situations with seemingly no way out, except maybe to compromise some of their principles (nothing risque, more loyalty and betrayal based, looking out for "number one," but with "light side" options perhaps to give up some self-interest that somehow help to work things out, maybe a very dynamic/dramatic love-hate relationship with a companion, along with several I-can't-believe-I'm-doing-this and several classic I-have-a-really-bad-feeling-about-this moments - maybe even being chased by a persistent yet patient bounty hunter [sorry, Rogun the Butcher didn't put up much of a chase, so plenty of room for material to outshine that angle]).
  • Droids: protocol & astromech (support roles - VITAL support, not just mundane - and unique missions) or assassin (self explanatory), think R2D2, HK47, IG88, K2SO etc., for Pete's sake they made a whole cartoon series on R2 and 3PO back in the 80s; there's so much potential story not tied to much else that this could go virtually anywhere!

The media and Star Wars "legends" (whatever "they" are calling pre-Disney lore) is replete with side characters that eventually received their own story, backstory or lime light: Boba Fett, Asajj Ventress, Mara Jade, and even the Bad Batch (I know, they're Disney, but they succeeded similarly), to name a mere few.

I am suggesting that the established storylines in SWTOR in some ways set up their own opportunities for side/non-aligned character types, and my opinion is that all of the suggestions on this thread (not just mine; those are great ideas too) would open up a gold mine of material! I'm not even asking for credit: just give the material to play!

Edited by anonyhm
expanding ideas

• 8 months later...
I feel the best way to keep people playing is a to make a new Character Class. I think a light saber whip would be the best you could do you could also get a capital ship to make space combat a little better . I have been playing since 2017 and don't want to see this game go ,but the story is so long. I have only got to onslaught once. or you could do a night sister character class to that would be cool to. this please consider this. this is the best game out there.

I love the capital ship idea! From talking with other players, this is actually a popular idea! I mean you give us a stronghold and a starship, and capital ships for guilds; why not maybe a smaller class capital ship that functions with a legacy (for instance) to provide more personalized "assistance" to the legacy, not quite (maybe even not nearly) as nice as a guild ship, but better and/or more functions than the personal starship (you kinda do this with the Gravestone, but no personalization options there).

This could even open up giving better guild perks to differentiate between the two starships without rendering either ship pointless, and the perks for the legacy ship could be more applicable (only applicable? to help with balance?) when in orbit above the planet the character is visiting (which might be a little tedious, unless you keep perks universal otherwise), maybe also comparable to the planet's orbital space station (dock there in your starship's hanger instead of at the orbital station), but personalizable (décor like strongholds [maybe not as much space], outer color?) and mobile (obviously).

I guess it would be sort of like a mobile stronghold with a slight tinge of an orbital station and a touch of a guild ship; possibly even microcosmically comparable to the Alliance setup on Odessen in the expansions, only much more simplified and easier to manage (unless you want to make making it more complicated allowable without posing a disadvantage to those who would rather keep it simple?).

If you were to make them comparable to strongholds, you could work in a few different designs (maybe each design tied to a very few unique tactical specialties/boosts, perhaps depending the manufacturer like some of the character gear items) so players can own multiple small capital ships (maybe cap how many? if that's even needed?), like owning multiple strongholds (including allowing visits from players on your "Friends" list so you don't necessarily have to move your own ship around to follow a character if you're rolling through the storyline), and maybe even be allowed to "park" them together somewhere (like Tatooine's dual star system for instance, or also just somewhere in deep space, away from it all, like you have Andronikos describe to the Sith inquisitor) to present the aesthetic vista of a ship/fleet in orbit/somewhere, owned by the player's legacy. Maybe extend the Legacy Family Tree idea to positions on the ship, similarly not necessary to the gameplay but fun to work out anyway, or something like what you have done for the Starfighter side of the game with the crewmembers.

Any character whose starship is docked in a capital ship and logged out while aboard would go with the ship if it gets relocated, unless you put in "orders" to jettison (another check box somewhere in settings maybe? or else a message box with Y/N option to jettison) when you dock if you want the character to stay with the planet/location when you log out with that character instead of relocating, or it will auto-jettison if a logged-out character is still planet-side when logged out and that character defaults to normal leaving the planet (not like traveling back to a world would be complicated: it's not complicated now, especially with the current mission log setup).

On a side note, I always thought it would be cool to see my other characters on a server at least as non-interactive NPCs somewhere when I'm playing a different character (Nintendo does it with Miis). Maybe something like that could be worked in at least for characters docked on the capital ship, like an officers' mess or something; I mean, you already let us place companions/companion-holograms in all the different strongholds we own viewable by all other characters on the server.... Just a thought (maybe that's asking too much)!

Who knows? This could even take space battles to a new level? Imagine using a star destroyer in a space battle instead of (or even instead of just) your starship, or perhaps missions designed specifically for both, making capital ship upgrades functional for tactical support, helpful if not pivotal to the outcome of a mission! Upgrades could have tradeoffs (limit which ones, or allow only one), sort of like how the companions are limited to one of either tank/damage/heal ability sets, or like character tacticals that only have one gear slot.

Anyhow, I apologize for the brain-vomit, but think similar to or a little lower key than Booster Terrik and his Errant Venture!

ANY of this would be SOOOO fun!

Edited by anonyhm