latest skill system? cartel gear?

Malleable

I'm a returning player with a couple questions.

I'm not familiar with the new skill system (other than its crap removing nearly all customization). My old characters are 23rd-43rd level. I believe I should have the option to pick some of the Skillful, Masterful, etc options but I don't know how to do it. When I log in I don't see where you can make the choices in the character sheet.

Second question. I'm not much of a gear oriented player. I have only been wearing quest gear, but honestly just want to put something on my characters to get back into the game.

How does cartel gear work? I have looked at the store in-game, but all I am seeing is the price and number of items. How do i get detailed descriptions of items. I guess these items are now usable gear for playing, and not just for appearance, right?

Can someone explain how to figure out what items I want to buy to outfit my characters?

Thanks,

Mal

I'm a returning player with a couple questions.

I'm not familiar with the new skill system (other than its crap removing nearly all customization). My old characters are 23rd-43rd level. I believe I should have the option to pick some of the Skillful, Masterful, etc options but I don't know how to do it. When I log in I don't see where you can make the choices in the character sheet.

Second question. I'm not much of a gear oriented player. I have only been wearing quest gear, but honestly just want to put something on my characters to get back into the game.

How does cartel gear work? I have looked at the store in-game, but all I am seeing is the price and number of items. How do i get detailed descriptions of items. I guess these items are now usable gear for playing, and not just for appearance, right?

Can someone explain how to figure out what items I want to buy to outfit my characters?

Thanks,

Mal

to pick utilities just open your combat proficiencies (should be "k" by default) and click on the ones you want.

cartel market gear come as shells, you need to put mods in them. you can buy mods in the supply section of the fleet for your level. or you can use the gear from questing, heroics etc. and cm gear for appearance only with outfit designer (accessed from character sheet).