Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Gods from the Machine Operation (MM/Nightmare)- scaled down to which item level?

AllisonLightning

We're assuming right now that each boss instance and trash in Master Mode/Nightmare Gods from the Machine will have us scaled to a particular gear rating- could we get an official anwser to the scaling ilevel we will have in Tyth (which we currently assume is 248), Aivela and Esne, Nahut, Scyva and Izax.

Thank you.

Yeah what they did with ops in the end is really a bit weird. Also because it's not so much as an item scale down. They scale down primarity stats but not secondary.

By having good gear you get a bonus in the form of an icon that goes up to 30 stacks and gives you a bonus that seems a bit like expertise used to be in the past for pvp.

It's a bit of an odd thing but it makes sense at least that they leave your secondary stats alone. Having said that I imagine that having 306 gear does get that veteran's edge bonus to 30. No idea of what these numbers actually do.

It's also the reason why relics that give you mastery/power bonuses are kinda useless. Better to have the crit proc one (devastating vengeance I think and one of the clicky ones for alacrity. I haven't actually looked into ephemeral mending relics for healers cause they do extra healing and aren't a direct power or mastery boost like FR/SA do.

On the other hand in level 75 content you don't have this issue...so the new Op and FP do not have this level lock issue with accompanying consequences. So there the traditional FR/SA combination might still be king. And that all means that depending on where you are you may want to equip different relics. Not a fan of that myself.

So not sure if that answers your question but then I'm not sure why you're asking about this either.

We're assuming right now that each boss instance and trash in Master Mode/Nightmare Gods from the Machine will have us scaled to a particular gear rating- could we get an official anwser to the scaling ilevel we will have in Tyth (which we currently assume is 248), Aivela and Esne, Nahut, Scyva and Izax.

Thank you.

The scaling for Gods MM is tailored separately from normal 70 scaling you see elsewhere to account for it being on a different tier than other 5.x content. So you will be boosted higher more or less. Currently there is an unintended bug where you don’t get Veterans Edge buff but that will be fixed at some point. Once that’s fixed it will be much easier than it is now and easier than in 5.x.

Yeah what they did with ops in the end is really a bit weird. Also because it's not so much as an item scale down. They scale down primarity stats but not secondary.

By having good gear you get a bonus in the form of an icon that goes up to 30 stacks and gives you a bonus that seems a bit like expertise used to be in the past for pvp.

It's a bit of an odd thing but it makes sense at least that they leave your secondary stats alone. Having said that I imagine that having 306 gear does get that veteran's edge bonus to 30. No idea of what these numbers actually do.

It's also the reason why relics that give you mastery/power bonuses are kinda useless. Better to have the crit proc one (devastating vengeance I think and one of the clicky ones for alacrity. I haven't actually looked into ephemeral mending relics for healers cause they do extra healing and aren't a direct power or mastery boost like FR/SA do.

On the other hand in level 75 content you don't have this issue...so the new Op and FP do not have this level lock issue with accompanying consequences. So there the traditional FR/SA combination might still be king. And that all means that depending on where you are you may want to equip different relics. Not a fan of that myself.

So not sure if that answers your question but then I'm not sure why you're asking about this either.

Ultimately, though, you've overcomplicated the analysis. It's *just* ordinary "down to 70" Level Sync.

That doesn't mean it's the right decision, but it's nothing more than what you see if you go to, say, Zakuul.

The scaling for Gods MM is tailored separately from normal 70 scaling you see elsewhere to account for it being on a different tier than other 5.x content. So you will be boosted higher more or less. Currently there is an unintended bug where you don’t get Veterans Edge buff but that will be fixed at some point. Once that’s fixed it will be much easier than it is now and easier than in 5.x.

According to some people who've talked to Matt, it was a deliberate choice to remove Veteran's Edge from Gods NiM, just one of those 'not in the patch notes' things so not a bug. It's just knowing where their tuning is with our scaling is what I wanted to know.

According to some people who've talked to Matt, it was a deliberate choice to remove Veteran's Edge from Gods NiM, just one of those 'not in the patch notes' things so not a bug. It's just knowing where their tuning is with our scaling is what I wanted to know.

In my conversations and discussion on it I was informed it was a unintentional bug.I don’t know who these sources are but those sources are highly suspect as I’ve not seen or heard nothing to the contrary.

Edited by FerkWork

In my conversations and discussion on it I was informed it was a unintentional bug.I don’t know who these sources are but those sources are highly suspect as I’ve not seen or heard nothing to the contrary.

I’ve seen the bug in other content but taking gear off and putting it back on grants the stacks of veterans edge. I haven’t been in Nim Gods so I am not sure if this would fix the bug but it may be worth a shot.