advice for Seer?

BanPearson

hello,

I went back to Sage healing after a long time.

Just reached 75, geared without augs for 1.4 GCD (otherwise crit too low without augments), 4-set bonus with reduced Healing Trance CD.

My general strategy, if high healing output is required but no imminent death:

• Keep Rejuvinate, Healing Trance and Wandering Mend on CD
  • Avoid "wasting" Conveyance on Wandering Mend if it would wander enough without
  • Use Vindicate when the 3 above are on CD and there is no emergency; possibly 2 or 3 times in a row. Keep Amnesty up.
  • Proc Altruism (with Deliverance or Salvation, depending on number of targets) when rule 1 is not violated, and consume it when Vindicate is not urgent.

With my Rule 1 & 2, I'm already pretty busy though, and there is not much time for anything other than Rejuvinate, Healing Trance, Wandering Mend and Vindicate if I don't want to run out of force.

Here is one of my first warzones at 75, Alderaan mid, long fight with high incoming damage and some death: http://parsely.io/parser/view/466085 Please have a look at the damage distribution, especially.

Mistakes I noticed myself:

• In this case, use Salvation more
  • Proc Amnesty WAY more! (Is there a way to play a sound with Starparse when it's eligible to be procced again?)

What's your advice for improvement?

My Scoundrel & Commando healing is almost double in a similar busy warzone fight, 11k vs. 19k, so something must still be wrong: http://parsely.io/parser/view/462245/5

For seer you want to use Force armor a lot. Not only it gives shield to a person that absorbs some amount of damage, but when you are specced for healing it also places 10 stacks on the person that will heal person when the Force armor is gone. Each heal on person will consume one stack, so you can bubble one person, heal second person, bubble second person and then heal first person who will have the armor probably gone by that time and would receive heal from all 10 stacks.

You will probably not reach heal numbers of mercenary, but survivability of people should improve a lot - consider the armor as a different kind of heal, one half of it is the absorb damage (and since damage is absorbed, you do not have to heal it with other heals) and second half a heal when the shield is broken and player probably received some damage to health, so he will get healed at time when it is actually useful.

Note that any utilities you put into armor will not transfer to allies (like stun when armor ends or damage to attacker when armor is active), they will only work on you. And it takes some time to get used to how the armor works and when is the best time to place it first and when it is better to heal first and use some kind of heal before placing the armor. But this skill is a must have for a sage healer, not using it will hurt your healing a lot.

Sorry to say this but seer is not at a good spot for 75er content at the moment.

The devs didn´t scale force barrier. It now bursts at one hit. It should absorb maybe 20 k and not 10 k damage.

In 70er content sorc is fine but at 75 the other healers, especially merc, are far stronger.

Another point is, that merc and oper got really good tacticals and sorc didn´t.

I hope this issue will be solved when some dd tacticals and the merc healer tactical get nerfed.