Jugg Rage or Vengeance? PVP & PVE

stvr

Hey guys,

I am just returning to the game since the level cap was 50. I was a Jugg tank back then, but looking to DPS now. I will probably end up tanking as well, but I'm having a hard time finding updated rotations/information. I got my Jugg to 75 as Rage, but I'm seeing that Vengeance is just better now. Is this still true to this day? I can tell they nerfed smash. Is there a specific source I can go to, in order to definitely find the latest info on all of this?

I'd just like to know if either is still particularly better, and if so, what the current rotations are before I can get back into end game stuff. I just want to be on the right track. Or even if it's just gonna be better for me to stick to Immortal and tanking.

First, if you don't want to tank, don't do it. You'll just wind up hindering your team trying to dps in tank spec.

As to the question, I prefer vigi (vengeance). It has better survivability (granted marginally). The real reason though is the feeling I get every time I'm playing focus (rage). Its a lesser concentration sent (fury mara) without everything that makes concentration so good, and with the currently sad self heal. Concentration has better ability to stay on target, practically identical burst, better non-self healing defensives, and a anti focus tool in force camo. Focus has FD, taunts, and the guard it cant really use effectively because it's so squishy. I will grant that taunting is a very valuable team tool.

Vigi vs watchman (annhilation) on the other hand is a different story. Vigi feels distinct from watchman, even better in some ways (i.e. watchman has zero burst, vigi actually has a chance at killing something unassisted). So where focus suffers from if only I was playing a sentinel, vigi doesnt.

That said though, again, play what you enjoy most.

Thank you so much for the info. I don't mind tanking at all. I have tanked in multiple MMOs and I enjoy it. I was always a tank at lvl 50 before I stopped playing. I am just giving DPS a shot. Having some fun with it and trying to decide which direction to go in. I think I will most likely DPS, and just be prepared to tank if needed. I like being versatile and helpful in those situations.