I Love Corso Riggs

silvershadows

Just for giggles, and to see if anyone is interested, here's a short excerpt from the story I'm writing. Just for the sake of clarity, this particular scene is what happens when Lillian arrives on Ord Mantell to pick up a weapons shipment she is supposed to smuggle onto Corellia:

"Orthos? Maybe you can help me here and while you're at it, give me the name of my contact on Corellia." She turned to face the man, and was considerably disconcerted to find herself staring down the barrel of the blaster he was holding pointed at her forehead. She tried a joke. "Or, you could just shoot me and put me out of my misery."

His pale eyes narrowed at her, though his face was otherwise expressionless. "I think you'd rather come with me, Captain. Don't make this any harder on yourself." His voice had changed, Lillian realized - he spoke in clipped precise tones, each word carefully enunciated and perfectly clear. Imperial. She closed her eyes for a second and swallowed hard, then opened them and tried again.

"Hey, I think you have the wrong person here. I'm just a small-time smuggler looking for some credits, I'm nobody important."

Now he did smile, and it was a smile so predatory that it caused a cold pit to form in her stomach. She thought of the blasters on her forearms and tried to calculate whether or not she could get them into her hands and up in firing position before he burned a hole through her skull. Fat chance, she thought. Better to keep talking if she could. Before she could open her mouth and speak again though, he took a step forward and put the cold muzzle of his blaster directly against the white skin of her forehead.

"You are Captain Lillian Riggs. Your ship is the Silver Shadow, and you were employed as a privateer for the Galactic Republic two years ago during the battle of Corellia. Your husband is a farm boy from this planet named Corso. Your ship's crew was a motley bunch of aliens who have since scattered across the galaxy as scum like that is wont to do. You made the mistake of coming here alone, and now, you will come with me, or I will shoot you."

She had no choice. Shaking her wrists, she dropped the holdout blasters into her palms and started to bring her arms up and in line. The Imperial was a split second faster, however, and she saw his thumb switch the power selection lever on his blaster from "kill" to "stun" just before he squeezed the trigger.

The blue-white ion burst played over her body, frying every nerve ending and causing her muscles to spasm uncontrollably. She dropped to the ground, unable to control her own body, as the Imperial kicked the blasters from her hands, sending them skittering across the floor. He knelt down beside her, pulling a syringe from his pocket, uncapping it and jabbing the needle into the side of her neck, depressing the plunger with his thumb.

"Sleep now, Captain." His voice came to her as if from a great distance as she felt whatever drug he had put in her body start to work, causing her mind to drift. An image of Corso surfaced in her thoughts, his brown eyes staring at her, a loving smile painted across his face. She felt a single tear well up and slide down her cheek as she lay there on the cold floor unarmed and defenseless, before unconciousness claimed her.

Such a talented author!! Can't wait to read more!

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend just posted the link to this petition on facebook, and seeing as Ms Hepler is the writer of our beloved farmboy, I figured maybe I should leave it here. (There are some links at the bottom of the petition that give a bit more background story)

http://www.change.org/petitions/bioware-corp-come-out-publicly-in-support-of-jennifer-hepler

Signed!

Just wanted to say thanks, Silver! You're my hero!

And great read with that article too. The horrible things people are capable of on the internet don't surprise me (I work in the game industry too, and I can relate all to well to the experiences she's having), but I really thought this community (as a whole) would be better than that.

I'm glad we have our haven in the Corso thread. I love the people here and I've made it a point to check here daily, even if I don't always post. <3

OK, so I FRAPS my class and companion conversations with the intent of perhaps one day uploading to YouTube. I try all options and hit escape but on Courting a Captain, I said "no" (got the most heartbreaking response ever) twice and was about to hit escape to continue the romance with Corso and it auto-completed with no cut-to black! :(:(:(:( My cries were heard all over the house as my husband freaked out "WHAT'S WRONG?! WHAT HAPPENED". After many curse words and lamenting, I told him that I effed up the relationship with Corso (I've fallen in love with him in the same way I fell in love with Fenris and Alistair) and I thought I had to make a new Smuggler in order to get a chance to romance him again.

I'm only lvl 17 but this is actually the second Smuggler I've effed up as I chose Scoundrel the first time and hated it. If I have to do, I will, but I'd like to make sure that he'll never ever give me another chance again?

I won't completely mind because I sort of rushed through the first half of the romance anyway because he had way too much affection by the time I got my ship and I love him too much to rush it but the first 17 levels are meh... Please just confirm? In the meantime, I guess I'll get on creating my third Smuggler...sigh.

Edited by Xelestial_Dragon

OK, so I FRAPS my class and companion conversations with the intent of perhaps one day uploading to YouTube. I try all options and hit escape but on Courting a Captain, I said "no" (got the most heartbreaking response ever) twice and was about to hit escape to continue the romance with Corso and it auto-completed with no cut-to black! :(:(:(:( My cries were heard all over the house as my husband freaked out "WHAT'S WRONG?! WHAT HAPPENED". After many curse words and lamenting, I told him that I effed up the relationship with Corso (I've fallen in love with him in the same way I fell in love with Fenris and Alistair) and I thought I had to make a new Smuggler in order to get a chance to romance him again.

I'm only lvl 17 but this is actually the second Smuggler I've effed up as I chose Scoundrel the first time and hated it. If I have to do, I will, but I'd like to make sure that he'll never ever give me another chance again?

I won't completely mind because I sort of rushed through the first half of the romance anyway because he had way too much affection by the time I got my ship and I love him too much to rush it but the first 17 levels are meh... Please just confirm? In the meantime, I guess I'll get on creating my third Smuggler...sigh.

Uck, yea youd have to start all over :/

Uck, yea youd have to start all over :/

;_; Thanks for the confirmation. Well, I got working on it, level 5 now...another hour should be off Ord Mantell and by tomorrow if I work at it and have enough time, will hopefully be back where I left off. Corso is so worth it and truthfully, I don't completely mind redoing conversations and quests with him <3

Could have been worse. If I hadn't had rushed through it, I could have been like level 40 or something by the time I screwed up.

Edited by Xelestial_Dragon

I agree with not liking the customizations for Corso and absolutely loving his hair. It's great. And there is something sweet about a hired gun that works for smugglers but has a super high ethical standard.

But after getting to the point of the kiss scene, I've not gotten any quests or romance scenes and he is as 6083 AP. I read where someone got another quest at 5000 ap and there was another romance scene at 6000 AP.

I'm even testing out various answers and combos of answers to try to get the highest combinations of AP. But I seems to not be getting anywhere.

Edited by Ebonynight

I agree with not liking the customizations for Corso and absolutely loving his hair. It's great. And there is something sweet about a hired gun that works for smugglers but has a super high ethical standard.

But after getting to the point of the kiss scene, I've not gotten any quests or romance scenes and he is as 6083 AP. I read where someone got another quest at 5000 ap and there was another romance scene at 6000 AP.

I'm even testing out various answers and combos of answers to try to get the highest combinations of AP. But I seems to not be getting anywhere.

It's your level or your progression in the class story. Eventually as you level up you'll get a whole bunch of conversations with him at once.

Due to that, I've completely stopped giving gifts to romanceable companions, so that it feels more 'natural'. Of course, they usually love me tons anyway. I got +327 affection with Torian once for one answer, lol.

It's your level or your progression in the class story.

Second one. Confirmed few times - affection is out of control, so that to prevent "ealry marriages" they split romance line into chapters. That seems a good idea, actually. But as implemended now it also means that if you like each other "too much" you ll get all the next chapter's content asap once you hit one. And later on - NOTHING, unless you have some more chapters to go. I wonder, if there's a SINGLE person that can be patient enough not click them all through once you get them. I tried hard not to. REALLY:p.

It's an ugly game-design feature imo - it breaks immersion and aslo it's stupid to have conversations about things that din NOT yet happen(hello "no walking away" before starting balmorra), and I don't see any reasons for giving me a 45 mission (hello, "gunfight..") while I'm on 32, really... They could've just make some affection cap per, lets say, 5 levels. Same way we have light\dark and social graded. Or they could just tie the point to the level, not to chapter. Even that would be less annoying. Damn, simple internal cooldown (same as in daylies) would even look better. It's not players fault that we can "outscore" their estimated affection numbers. And I did NOT use gifts much, so even in more or less "natural" coditions it's hard to keep affection and plot together. Especially, if you both like same conversation choices.

ps: same stuff about letters.

I could "walkaround" RP with no problem, that Corso could write a letter or two just to see me laughing while reading it, ok. But the 3rd one....Oh really? We were not finished with Voss by the time I got it. And we still have 1 more planet and 2 lvls to go. Now how am I supposed to take it after all those "no walking away" stuff?..

Edited by NRieh

Second one. Confirmed few times - affection is out of control, so that to prevent "ealry marriages" they split romance line into chapters. That seems a good idea, actually. But as implemended now it also means that if you like each other "too much" you ll get all the next chapter's content asap once you hit one. And later on - NOTHING, unless you have some more chapters to go. I wonder, if there's a SINGLE person that can be patient enough not click them all through once you get them. I tried hard not to. REALLY:p.

It's an ugly game-design feature imo - it breaks immersion and aslo it's stupid to have conversations about things that din NOT yet happen(hello "no walking away" before starting balmorra), and I don't see any reasons for giving me a 45 mission (hello, "gunfight..") while I'm on 32, really... They could've just make some affection cap per, lets say, 5 levels. Same way we have light\dark and social graded. Or they could just tie the point to the level, not to chapter. Even that would be less annoying. Damn, simple internal cooldown (same as in daylies) would even look better. It's not players fault that we can "outscore" their estimated affection numbers. And I did NOT use gifts much, so even in more or less "natural" coditions it's hard to keep affection and plot together. Especially, if you both like same conversation choices.

ps: same stuff about letters.

I could "walkaround" RP with no problem, that Corso could write a letter or two just to see me laughing while reading it, ok. But the 3rd one....Oh really? We were not finished with Voss by the time I got it. And we still have 1 more planet and 2 lvls to go. Now how am I supposed to take it after all those "no walking away" stuff?..

Well, it makes me wish I had not taken him with me on Tatooine and used the Wookie there. But I suppose it makes sense with trying to control pacing. But it seems awkwardly done as you point out in your next posting.

I think a lot of his charm is that he managed to maintain his 'innocence and purity of spirit' after his family is killed and working with the criminal classes to get by. I had decided to try and do a pure light character and he is also a great compass to use to get the most light points out of questing.

I love Corso dearly, he is a great companion and the only one I play the game with. But I have a puzzling problem. At around 5k affection we had our first kiss, but he hasn't talked to me since. I have him up to 8k now and still nothing. Is this a bug or could it be my level? I'm level 31 and sure ready for another smooch (or something). Thanks for any help.

Just read backwards a few posts and there is an explanation why. The next step won't come until chapter two from what I'm told. And if you get too much AP you end up with a rush of Corso quests and conversations all at once.

This.

Unfortunately, most of the pacing in the game is set per chapter/level, and not per your AP with companions. It makes relationships unnaturally awkward in a lot of ways, especially in terms of telling a story.

Honestly, the caps as they are wouldn't be as bad if each chapter "tier" had some sort of repeatable quest (maybe a smooch for chapter one, a "blackout" for chapter two, and something more "meaningful" for chapter 3?).

It would be ok, if it was level. I mean you're very unlikely to hit Balmorra on lvl 30. But...well, I said this all above...repeatable quests....sigh.... Well, at least some good news from QA (in case you missed this one):

In Game Update 1.2, we have several emotes planned as unlocked rewards of the Legacy System. My favorite is the special dance that is so inspiring that your companion feels the urge to boogie down with you.

They'll teach him to dance as a part of legacy. Still, if animations will be performed by same freaks who did "sit", "flirt" and "lol"...I'm not sure it makes us happy. Even sims had more natural emotes..

Ah,thank you all. I looked around here and musta missed that post. I did finished chapter 1 and am on Alderon but nothing yet. Guess I have to do with "Anything for you captain" for now. Not complaining about that at all mind you.

Chapter 1 finishes as you do all the priate-treasure-related missions and last ones from the chain take place on Nar Shaddaa. So, it's very unlekely that you finished one, if you're still on Adleraan. 2 starts with Balmorra (and there is some intermission between those also - I can't remember were talks triggered just as we finished 1 or started 2) and ends with Voss. Could you count prologue (Mantell-Coruscant) as a chapter?