Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Bioware, I can't afford to play your game

Lifebind

The repair costs seem to be extremely high for the amount of credits you can earn. Currently I'm having to level an alt for money because my main's gear is red and I'm broke. Does anyone else have this same problem? It's costing me 50k credits for a full repair when my gear is red and that's only after about 10 deaths. The game is new, people just hit 50, and are wearing green gear so of course we are going to wipe some. How can you expect us to farm so much for repairs? I'm still only wearing 2 epics so I'd hate to see what the cost is going to be when fully geared. Not only do I wait on the Q to play, I now have to spend time EVERYDAY farming and doing dailies to even see the fun content that I actually want to do.

Bioware, I love your game and I really want to play it but you're making things really difficult and frustrating. Please lower the repair cost or increase the amount of credits from dailies.

Ive died less than 5 times from lvl 1 to 50. Ive done all the heroics and most of the flashpoints. I get around 300k a day from the dailies I do which is 2 on hoth and 10 on Belsavis. Even if you cant do the heroic dailies you get 15-20k from the normal dailies counting the drops and credit rewards.

You cannot make the same on a low lvl alt. Do dailies!

If you have done Correlia, which I havent, even more dailies for you there, and Illum. - My point is that I fully expect to be making atleast 500k a day from dailies when I get around to the full daily grind. You shouldnt have any problems.

Edited by Nilenya

I die on average about once per level and a single repair bill is about 2k. I make way more than 2k per level.

Maybe you're just blowing all your money on vendor stuff instead of relying on quest drops. Repair is just about the only thing I have to pay credits for. Everything else drops by questing.

Edited by Samy_Merchi

Lets clear some things. Iam level 50 2 days now. I wear full orange set. I dont have problem with gredits thats true. So today i try my first level 50 hc flashpoint. Its really hard and its logic to be. But you die a lot in there until you find some decent tactics on bosses. We leave after all team gear is red. My repairs is around 35k. No big deal for me but 2 from my group they dont have the gredits for full repair. Maby its their fault ok but my opinion is that there is no reason or logic at all to have so big repair cost. You can spend in some hours try in hc FP too many gredits believe me. My suggestion is that repair cost must be at least to half from what it is today.

I think the high repair costs will make more sense once more people are at 50 and the markets pick up pace.

*EDIT* Also, I feel like if you're spending that much on repairs you're probably wandering into more difficult zones by your self and being careless.

Edited by Kroskov

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.