Reputation items auto use problem

XaronTN

Yes, it´s a good way that reputation items are now used automatically.. but WHY when I reach limit they are used anyway and not stored in my inventory? So simply they are used for nothing....:/ I know more grinding..but this makes me really not to play event/dailies on more toons..

And I´m afraid that this is not a bug, but feature.. So please change it, that after Reaching the CAP, rep.items will be stored, it can´t be that hard :)

Edited by XaronTN

Ugh. I haven't encountered it yet myself as I haven't received any rep items yet but if it means I can't keep rep items after I've reached the weekly cap then I don't like it either.

I recommend reporting this as a bug. Hopefully that's what it is because it used to be that the game didn't even allow you to use rep items after the cap to *prevent* them from being wasted.

• 3 months later...

Its a very stupid idea really for players, and for the business. I think Bioware has a traitor in their midst sabotaging the game. I'll explain what my response to the problem is, and why though it is a workaround, it degrades the game making people less likely to stick around with it.

So, hit my weekly cap - and the weekly quest completed too as I accepted the last Daily reward. There is that phat Purple rep token waiting to be claimed (and wasted). If I don't accept the mission rewards till weekly reset, I can get it then, hell I earned it. However, it means every time I zone, get another mission done etc, I have to carefully not accept that particular mission reward. Probability is I wind up with a couple other mission completions behind it in queue, and now I can't accept any new ones or do crafting missions until I do.

I'm forced to retire the character, they are now held hostage for the remainder of the week on pain of losing the largest part of my weekly effort.

I find it hard to think of a worse way to design a system than this - unless I wanted to frustrate, bore and piss people off. Whoever did this, hates their clients. And they are hurting the company, pissed off clients have lots of other choices.

What was so difficult about accumulating and using rep tokens as you gain them, and then just save them if you keep grinding on that reputation faction? Having multiple toons I have several that are still sidelined from last week's Rakghoul event because they have 6-7 completed missions in the tunnels to turn in, but I already capped last week, and this week completing several other characters saved completions. Really piss poor design.

• 2 weeks later...
Its a very stupid idea really for players, and for the business. I think Bioware has a traitor in their midst sabotaging the game. I'll explain what my response to the problem is, and why though it is a workaround, it degrades the game making people less likely to stick around with it.

So, hit my weekly cap - and the weekly quest completed too as I accepted the last Daily reward. There is that phat Purple rep token waiting to be claimed (and wasted). If I don't accept the mission rewards till weekly reset, I can get it then, hell I earned it. However, it means every time I zone, get another mission done etc, I have to carefully not accept that particular mission reward. Probability is I wind up with a couple other mission completions behind it in queue, and now I can't accept any new ones or do crafting missions until I do.

I'm forced to retire the character, they are now held hostage for the remainder of the week on pain of losing the largest part of my weekly effort.

I find it hard to think of a worse way to design a system than this - unless I wanted to frustrate, bore and piss people off. Whoever did this, hates their clients. And they are hurting the company, pissed off clients have lots of other choices.

What was so difficult about accumulating and using rep tokens as you gain them, and then just save them if you keep grinding on that reputation faction? Having multiple toons I have several that are still sidelined from last week's Rakghoul event because they have 6-7 completed missions in the tunnels to turn in, but I already capped last week, and this week completing several other characters saved completions. Really piss poor design.

There is no problem at all, reputation it's legacy wide, and there is a weekly limit for a reason, to not rush the almost 6 weeks it takes to reach legend at least with normal factions, the events are apart from that, but that model it's obvious, because that way they assure that you will play for at least 6 weeks, almost every top armor from the factions are in Champion, that's like 4 weeks, if you really want something in Legend tile, then wait for it, patience it's a nice virtue, you know? Just do the weeklys with 2 chars, that's what I do every week and reach the cap, just 2 more weeks and I'll seat in Legend with the factions I really want :cool:

The weeklys from Oricon and CZ-198 are fast enough like 20 minutes or less (with a sentinel and sorcerer) in 40 minutes I capped that week, it's so easy.