Can't Log In To Character

Hollow_Stone

Anyone else having this problem? I was on a Jedi Consular, lvl 48, exiting my ship to an Imperial Dreadnaught called the "Javelin" to do a class story mission and the loading screen locked. The icon in the bottom right corner was still spinning the entire time but it would not load any more than 60%. I had to close the game via the Task Manager and now every time I try to log into that character it does the same thing, it loads about 60% and gets stuck there. I haven't tried to log into another character yet but I'm about to try that. If I succeed in getting onto another toon then I'll try to get back on that Consular but I thought I'd ask here if anyone has or is experiencing this same problem. Thanx.

OK, I tried to log into another char and I got an error message saying that my Consular is still logged in and until she gets logged out I couldn't log another character in. I changed servers, logged into a character on that server, then logged out, went back to Starforge server but my Consular is still locked in the game. How do I fix this?

I contacted Tech Support and they said I wasn't the only person having this problem. If anyone else has this problem you need to right click on your SWTOR icon on your desktop and click "Open file location" to open the "Star Wars - The Old Republic" folder, then delete the "Bitraider" folder (yes, I said DELETE the "Bitraider" folder. Don't worry, it'll regenerate when you load the launcher) and then go into the "swtor" folder and delete the "DiskCacheArena" file (same thing, it'll regenerate). If the file isn't in the "swtor" folder then look for it in the main "Star Wars - The Old Republic" folder. If you can't find that file at all then don't worry about it and just delete the "Bitraider" folder. Then load the game launcher and allow it to "Verify" the files. It'll take a little while, between 3 - 10 minutes but once it's done you should be able to log into any other character OTHER THAN THE ONE THAT WAS LOCKED BEFORE! Don't attempt to log back in to the character that was giving you problems before or it won't work (or at least it didn't work for me) and you'll have to go through all the steps I just laid out again. The Tech Support agent said they should have a patch for it soon or it'll be fixed in tomorrow's "Onslaught" patch, hopefully lol. Until then I'm scared to try and log back in to that Consular lol. Sucks too. Anyway, hope this helped anyone who might've had this issue. Edited by Hollow_Stone