The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Too much loot?

Benirons

I personally like my inventory as empty as possible. From what I gather, you'll be getting several drops of gear per boss in an FP. Isn't that going to be a logistical nightmare, especially when we have to sift through all the pieces to see what's actually useful?

What about when you are 306, and could not care less about loot any more? (This is probably a bit down the road, mind you.) To put this in another way, I've been at the point for a while now that I outright delete tier 4 command crates simply because I cannot put up with sifting through all the items in there. It is just a hassle, nothing useful drops.

So when gear is not useful any more that drops for you en mass, how easy is it to break it all down? Can you break it all down at once in a few clicks, or do you have to break them all down individually? Can you tick off items that you would like to keep (i.e. does it work like crates currently with the list where you can pick what to keep/deconstruct)?

Simply feels like that sooner than later the metric tons of loot will quickly become a giant PITA due to the inventory management you have to do all the time you are doing content.

Part of the reason is that gear advances in ratings of 2.... gosh, why?! So in order to compensate for that slow creep we are showered with more loot, yeyyy (sarcasm). Would much prefer to get less but more relevant loot to be honest, with decon giving accordingly adjusted amounts of the fragments.

Deconstruction is simple and quick. If a gear pc might be an upgrade there's a green arrow on it. You can click a button right on your inventory, select up to 20 items at a time, then hit deconstruct, 3 seconds later everything is disintegrated, mats are deposited automatically in your mat inventory, tech frags to your legacy currency, and jawa scrap into your inventory. Edited by Krazhez

You will need to deconstruct items to get the tech fragments and complaining about too much loot is counter to what everyone wants.

I personally want a lot of loot so I get the chance to choose what I will keep and what is to be deconstructed and 4 pieces per boss is not too much loot.

If you found a pirate treasure and it only had ten pieces inside a chest that could hold a thousand and a note saying the pirate didn't want you to get too much loot. Would you not be miffed???

Deconstruction is simple and quick. If a gear pc might be an upgrade there's a green arrow on it. You can click a button right on your inventory, select up to 20 items at a time, then hit deconstruct, 3 seconds later everything is disintegrated, mats are deposited automatically in your mat inventory, tech frags to your legacy currency, and jawa scrap into your inventory.

Thanks, that sounds reasonably convenient. Y does it take 3 secs to do that though, is it a channel like when u RE something and movement can break it?

Thanks, that sounds reasonably convenient. Y does it take 3 secs to do that though, is it a channel like when u RE something and movement can break it?

I think it's a timer just there in case you want to cancel. It's not a channel, a little box comes up with a progress bar. If I recall correctly, you can deconstruct on the move.

Edited by Krazhez