The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Where are my set bonuses?

Sarova

Why are my set bonuses deactivated? Considering that it's unlikely new gear will be forthcoming with the new RNG system, my current gear is going to have to last me a while. I expect the bonuses to work. Explain devs :mad:

https://imgur.com/a/rKmhjWZ

They know current set bonus are way better than new ones. And since they want you grind for them to keep you playing they can't have the old ones active once you turn 75.

6.0 is going to be a total clustershow

need 6 mil to get set bonuses... which might take up to a year if the are only going to have 1 set bonus a week and there are 50 set bonuses.

crafting is reserved only for the rich or those with insane amounts of time

only 4 places where gear will matter if at level 75... essentially breaking the entire game... except for pvp, new op, fp and daily area/planet

it looks like this whole game is going the way of gsf, where pvp is the only thing that is supported. pve is apparently too hard to scale and design for (new operation has more bugs than colicoid)

i do think they can make the new op playable by live... there still might be really annoying bugs that people have to work around, but i think it will be completable..

they will likely have to change crafting a bunch after launch due to feedback since they didnt give themselves enough time on the pts

i am guessing the will get pve scaling to a place where they can live with themselves after making some post about how they leave poor scaling is intended with some half baked argument for their lack of effort...

i wish they would be more proactive instead of playing catchup with server/patch issues. the fact they changed scaling is promising, but really all MM fp and vet/mm ops should be scaled to 75 and balanced.

pvp seems to be the only place where gear will matter except new op and fp

Edited by dipstik

Why are my set bonuses deactivated? Considering that it's unlikely new gear will be forthcoming with the new RNG system, my current gear is going to have to last me a while. I expect the bonuses to work. Explain devs :mad:

Do the old Rakata gear sets work or did they deactivate them too? Sometimes I mix my old 4 piece set with the newer 7 piece on my merc healer.

Edited by Lhancelot

Sadly this question has been asked multiple times and the answer is your gear was downgraded as it no longer carries the value of a level 75 gear. The only set gear shows right is the dvl gear.

Now the only question i have for you is is your gear in legacy fear or the original shells as those will most likely receive the set bonus but be set Ina degraded or downgraded state

Do the old Rakata gear sets work or did they deactivate them too? Sometimes I mix my old 4 piece set with the newer 7 piece on my merc healer.

The old rakata set bonuses have been deactivated as well. I had a few sets still in my cargo and these too no longer work at level 75.

It's quite informative to see the OP being unaware of the fate of the current bonuses. I feel like BW have spoken conclusively on it. But, as this post shows (and as I should really know), plenty of people do not follow every last word that drops from the mouth of a developer... so in fact we're going to see plenty more people not knowing this will happen and outraged when it does.

Some players, defending BW's choice to disable our set bonuses at level 75, say this is no different from what happens in any expansion when old gear becomes outdated... but, in fact, it is different. Because this time they are actively disabling our old set bonuses, depriving us of abilities that we worked hard to get. Not changing them to new bonuses but obliterating them at max level. Not just letting self-interest guide us to the free choice to abandon our old stuff.

I expect that they are getting rid of our old set bonuses to open up design space for many different new ones - that they couldn't have this new variety without removing the possibility of mixing all these different new bonuses with the old ones. So I understand the decision. And maybe the many new bonuses will freshen up the game. But I can't say I'm thrilled about it, overall. And I'm sure many people will feel the same.

Edited by Estelindis