The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Mods, enhancements, armorings, barrels, & hilts.

Beyrahl

So.. I am sure most of you have noticed, if you haven't well now you have.

There's a lot of different versions of the same thing currently. I don't know why or the use of it.

I get the extra customization but in forms of only RNG to obtain is like you intentionally making us spend more time to get min maxed.

So there's like 30 or more different versions of versatile armoring. I can't understand why anyone would want this, the whole thing is meant to be a bit mixed up by names. Having multiple of the same name is a bit silly.

For example versatile should be more Mastery than endurance, like the previous ones.

The best roll here is 409 Endurance and I don't remember the mastery number. The less endurance the better.

The HP heavy one was the tank armoring, since there's no power or secondary stats in play here it's a bit different.

Same goes for mod, lethal mods, yeah there's always been lettered versions of this in the past. There continues now, however there's multiple versions of each lettered. This is so unbelievably overboard. The HP heavy version is useful for people going HP heavy builds for sure. Mastery heavy is great for someone trying to max out their mastery, the power for the people who want to max out power. Then the balanced one for those who just want a mix of everything.

I see zero reason for their to be more than 3 versions of each of these, which leads to a grand total of 9.

They still shouldn't be RNG to obtain either, I am okay with it being in the game, but give us a way to 100% get the mod we want, please.

Enhancements suffer the same issue as mods, the same treatment should go for them too, however there's more secondary stats than just lethal mods.

Then obviously barrels and hilts are the same situation as armorings, which also should get the same treatment.

I hope people don't sleep on this because this will make min maxing take forever if not, impossible. There are way too many junk versions of the same thing blocking your way with walls of RNG to get BiS.

Unfortunately you're thinking of something else. The complaints since phase one have been mostly

about how many tiers there are, i.e. 268 to 306 going up by 2 points each tier.

I however am talking about once you hit 306, you are then rerolling for ages just to get

the right stats you want. It's just as important however, I think the grind to 306 won't be as

bad as most people think. I do agree it's a bit too many tiers and we will likely fly through them,

make less it honestly would be better.

I hope what is said here isn't just dismissed or ignored. What you have to say is also a concern,

but I am certainly more worried about spending a whole month trying to get one BiS mod. I am not talking

about the grind to 306, I am talking once we're already there and min maxing the 306 set.

Phase 1 we had HP heavy left side, a great choice of mods, enhancements, armorings, hilts, barrels.

Phase 2 we had optimized left side with a great choice, this was truly nice for min maxing.

Phase 3 we have all of that but in a RNG obtained format, granted I know it was free on PTS to test,

so they do know that we want certain mods, not every single 3 stat variation of it.

They have asked for feedback because they want the game to be better for the player.

The players give feedback because they care for the game and want to see it do well.

If neither sides wanted it to be better, there would be no feedback and they wouldn't ask for it.

I know it's hard not to be rough on how they handle things but they are asking for help.

Thank you for giving this some attention also.

Unfortunately you're thinking of something else. The complaints since phase one have been mostly

about how many tiers there are, i.e. 268 to 306 going up by 2 points each tier.

I however am talking about once you hit 306, you are then rerolling for ages just to get

the right stats you want. It's just as important however, I think the grind to 306 won't be as

bad as most people think. I do agree it's a bit too many tiers and we will likely fly through them,

make less it honestly would be better.

I hope what is said here isn't just dismissed or ignored. What you have to say is also a concern,

but I am certainly more worried about spending a whole month trying to get one BiS mod. I am not talking

about the grind to 306, I am talking once we're already there and min maxing the 306 set.

Phase 1 we had HP heavy left side, a great choice of mods, enhancements, armorings, hilts, barrels.

Phase 2 we had optimized left side with a great choice, this was truly nice for min maxing.

Phase 3 we have all of that but in a RNG obtained format, granted I know it was free on PTS to test,

so they do know that we want certain mods, not every single 3 stat variation of it.

They have asked for feedback because they want the game to be better for the player.

The players give feedback because they care for the game and want to see it do well.

If neither sides wanted it to be better, there would be no feedback and they wouldn't ask for it.

I know it's hard not to be rough on how they handle things but they are asking for help.

Thank you for giving this some attention also.

actually you're off because each piece is 21 pieces so that means versatile versatile a and versatile be each have 21 pieces. and due to RNG you don't just get the piece that you want yes this is made very clear sense Eric stated there's about I don't know roughly a couple months ago when this first discussion of RNG and how gear was going to be accessible. even if you go buy a shell it's orangey because you'll see that the amplifier changes accordingly which is What bio where is expecting us to use all of our money on.

It's gonna be a very painful experience comes to expire and I can see many people leaving the game due to this new experience which is beyond and yes very painful

Technically yeah, there are lettered versions and I agree with you. Though I still think it should be reduced.

Sounds like you're mostly talking about amplifiers, which is of course another thing that I agree that needs much attention. I hope they get delayed for more development and have no effect in PvP.

Technically yeah, there are lettered versions and I agree with you. Though I still think it should be reduced.

Sounds like you're mostly talking about amplifiers, which is of course another thing that I agree that needs much attention. I hope they get delayed for more development and have no effect in PvP.

to be honest I gear my characters completely differently than others, as I actually care about the number off of the rated piece of mod enhancement or armoring. I normally build my tanks with high endurance no matter the steak so I'm looking for those numbers. but now that there's 21 levels of each piece you can take me well over four hours just to men max a specific mod that I want on each piece of gear. overall it took me four hours to set up my tank how I want to even though sync will destroy all my stats across-the-board, which is another discussion for another day.