Flashing Character icon in menu bar

Mubrak

The character icon in the menu bar is now flashing as long as you have better gear in your inventory.

If you think your target audience can't figure out on their own that they now have better gear, fine, but you may want to add a tutorial or at least open the inventory window together with the character sheet while the icon is flashing

More importantly: Make sure the "better gear" is actually better. Unless 2 relics of the same type are now on separate cooldowns, equipping a second 270 crit relic isn't better than one 270 crit and one 268 mastery relic.

Edited by Mubrak

The character icon in the menu bar is now flashing as long as you have better gear in your inventory.

If you think your target audience can't figure out on their own that they now have better gear, fine, but you may want to add a tutorial or at least open the inventory window together with the character sheet while the icon is flashing

More importantly: Make sure the "better gear" is actually better. Unless 2 relics of the same type are now on separate cooldowns, equipping a second 270 crit relic isn't better than one 270 crit and one 268 mastery relic.

I’ve also noticed that what it thinks is better gear is often based on power and not the secondary stats. Or in some cases, Bioware have decided on their own what the secondary stats should be for BiS (and they are often incorrect).

The flashing continues at lvl 306 too. I’ve even had the exact same piece tell me it’s better than the one I’ve equipped because it’s go a “gold” level amplifier on it. Which was completely useless because it was for a profession I didn’t even have.

I think this new system is going to confuse the average player who doesn’t understand gearing stats or why it thinks it’s better over another piece.

Edited by TrixxieTriss