The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Horizontal Progression Needs Work

Wazzzaaaa

After you hit 306 iR, gear drops become weird. 1 run of Hammer Station and %80 percent of drops i get are lower level stuff, and at that level everything besides set shells and gear mods will become trash. You might argue that items are legacy bound, but all of our characters will be going for sets anyways. Needs to be adjusted so we have a sensible progression.

Once you hit cap, except the set shell drops(1 thing inside can be 306), every mod, enchanment, armoring etc that drops needs to be 306. Otherwise its just a waste of time and a horrible grind. We are grinding for 19 levels of iR as it is.

I have like 15 alts and this is just a rookie number. Changing drops this way is more alt friendly and a reason for me to continue playing.

After you hit 306 iR, gear drops become weird. 1 run of Hammer Station and %80 percent of drops i get are lower level stuff, and at that level everything besides set shells and gear mods will become trash. You might argue that items are legacy bound, but all of our characters will be going for sets anyways. Needs to be adjusted so we have a sensible progression.

Once you hit cap, except the set shell drops(1 thing inside can be 306), every mod, enchanment, armoring etc that drops needs to be 306. Otherwise its just a waste of time and a horrible grind. We are grinding for 19 levels of iR as it is.

I have like 15 alts and this is just a rookie number. Changing drops this way is more alt friendly and a reason for me to continue playing.

What version of HS are you running? I imagine once you hit 306, the stuff that drops from less challenging content is intended to be trash, with a very small % being side grade. Anything different would give less purpose to the more challenging content, which i imagine probably drops 306 side grades more frequently.

Yes, I agree, things start to get weird the closer you get to 306. I’m getting 298, 294 warding mods for my Sorc. Defence enhancements for my Mara and generators for my Merc.

Horizontal progression should always mean sideways not backwards or some that isn’t even related to the class / spec.

The only reason you should get lower stats than 306 is if it is dropping a set piece item. Even then it shouldn’t be lower than 300, but they often are.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

What version of HS are you running? I imagine once you hit 306, the stuff that drops from less challenging content is intended to be trash, with a very small % being side grade. Anything different would give less purpose to the more challenging content, which i imagine probably drops 306 side grades more frequently.

Nope. Go play it instead of sniping at the forums and you’ll understand what he is saying.

Get rid of RNG, the update ain't ready and if you release it now you gonna lose so many players.

Have you not learned that players hate RNG and want nothing to do with it. Just make it so we can buy exactly what we want and please don't waste our time

I beg you bioware