The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

With Item Rating scaling has the problems with level sync and power cap been solved?

Dialectable

I haven't been able to do any content other than a sm KP on the PTs post- the most recent patch and am wondering if the power/mastery and endurance increases based on gear rating has positively or negatively effected ops.

Great question, but I am going to assume that there will be a max level minus Tertiary states that will continue to grow leaps and bounds. Eric, are the Devs really down syncing Operations? Please tell me this is a joke!

Secondary stat scaling seems to be a problem. At least it is for me and my wife.

Alacrity is so important in many classes to avoid the class feeling clunky while doing your rotation. But the lvl sync seems to down grade “some” secondary stats while boosting others. Aka, my rage jugg goes up in accuracy and takes a significant hit in alacrity.

This wouldn’t be such a problem if alacrity was a smooth increase. But we all know (or should know by now), that alacrity has break points and if you aren’t at one of those, ie, between them, you don’t get a boost in activation speed and those stats are basically wasted.

What do I mean by this? Averaging out those alacrity break points (as I can’t remember the exact numbers),, end up like this:

(Disclaimer, these percentages aren’t 100% right, just a demonstration on how it works).

0% - 7.10% (?) alacrity gives you 1.4 GCD (any alacrity between 0-7% is basically wasted)

7.15% gives you 1.3 GCD (any alacrity over 7.15% and before the next break point is wasted)

15.45% (?) gives you 1.2 GCD.(anything over this break point is wasted)

So when my perfectly balanced Jugg gets scaled from 7,15% to 5%, I am effectively reducing a whole GCD from 1.3 to 1.4. This make the resource management and rotation clunky

When my wife’s perfectly balanced Merc goes from 15.45% to 9%, she also drops to the lower GCD.

The problem with this is when you are out in the world or playing end game content, you can have alacrity and GCD where you set them. But if you go into a lvl sync area, ie, Hammer Station, your alacrity takes a massive hit.

Secondary stats don’t do this in live and IMO, shouldn’t do this in 6.0 lvl sync.

By all means nerf the power and health meters, but don’t mess with our GCD and resource management because you’ve set alacrity GCDs at certain % break points before they change.

Please change this back to how live works and let us keep out alacrity where we set it. This is especially important for 6.0 because of the absolute RNG affect of getting poor BiS enchantments for your builds.

I just went to a few planets Korriban Dromund Kaas. Ilum and a few instances False Emperor and Korriban Incursion and my Alacrity didn't change at all.

Because they haven’t rolled it across the rest of the game. They’ve only done it in 4 places, the new OPs, Hammer Station flash point, Oderron and one other.

Go try one of those areas and you will see what I mean