The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Make outfit designer able to do everything actual outfits can do (unify colors)

Banderal

It's possible I'm missing something here since I've never used outfit designer once in the entire time I've played the game. I still wouldn't, except as I understand things now, I have to because to get the set bonus I want I'll have to accept whatever shells have that bonus. And so to get the look I like, I'll have to use the free included outfit designer slot.

So I tried to set this up. My toon has just basic dark shirt, and then pants, boots, whatever. And then I click "unify colors" to make everything dark. So I end up with basically a "dark Luke when he went after Jabba" type look.

I went to the outfit designer tab and click to "make this my outfit", and then my colors went back to the mismatch. "No problem" I think, as I see the "unify colors" button in the outfit designer. Except then when I try to click that, it says I can't because my chest piece is not stamped. Googling that I find that what it mostly likely means is that "you don't have a dye module on your chest piece". (I guess????)

But I DON'T NEED A DYE MODULE on my chest piece, because I spent the creds on GTN to get one that was ALREADY the color I wanted. I can "Unify Colors" in the actual gear interface, so please make it so that I can in the outfit designer also, since we now have to use this to keep a look.

It's possible I'm missing something here since I've never used outfit designer once in the entire time I've played the game. I still wouldn't, except as I understand things now, I have to because to get the set bonus I want I'll have to accept whatever shells have that bonus. And so to get the look I like, I'll have to use the free included outfit designer slot.

So I tried to set this up. My toon has just basic dark shirt, and then pants, boots, whatever. And then I click "unify colors" to make everything dark. So I end up with basically a "dark Luke when he went after Jabba" type look.

I went to the outfit designer tab and click to "make this my outfit", and then my colors went back to the mismatch. "No problem" I think, as I see the "unify colors" button in the outfit designer. Except then when I try to click that, it says I can't because my chest piece is not stamped. Googling that I find that what it mostly likely means is that "you don't have a dye module on your chest piece". (I guess????)

But I DON'T NEED A DYE MODULE on my chest piece, because I spent the creds on GTN to get one that was ALREADY the color I wanted. I can "Unify Colors" in the actual gear interface, so please make it so that I can in the outfit designer also, since we now have to use this to keep a look.

Outfitter is supposed to match the colours exactly like they do on the standard armour screen.

Might be a bug. Make sure you lodge it in the PTS bug report section

Can i ask, in good faith because i really fail to understand, what is the problem with outfit designer that you avoid using it? (Not counting the unify colors, that is a real issue you have there). I just find some people against it like if it required 10000cc to unlock/set an outfit. Has the feature ofended you? The question goes to anyone else as i'm sure more feel the same.

Edited by Balameb
correction

Can i ask, in good faith because i really fail to understand, what is the problem with outfit designer that you avoid using it? (Not counting the unify colors, that is a real issue you have there). I just find some people against it like if it required 10000cc to unlock/set an outfit. Has the feature ofended you? The question goes to anyone else as i'm sure more feel the same.

I'm not against it. I've just found zero need for it. I always use modable gear, and just swap out components. I only ever have one outfit per toon. I don't dress for the occasion I guess. :p

If my written tone came off as irked, well I am a bit. I don't dislike outfit designer itself. I was irked about the change to how set bonuses are implemented such that we now have to use it, and then I found that I couldn't do the same thing as before.

I'm not against it. I've just found zero need for it. I always use modable gear, and just swap out components. I only ever have one outfit per toon. I don't dress for the occasion I guess. :p

If my written tone came off as irked, well I am a bit. I don't dislike outfit designer itself. I was irked about the change to how set bonuses are implemented such that we now have to use it, and then I found that I couldn't do the same thing as before.

I understand, You are certainly not alone in dislike of the change from armoring to shell, it does have some issues. And the unify colors when there is no dye on unmatching set is certainly a problem; more so when it usually looks perfectly in preview window.

But about outfit designer, in general i get some strange responses. And because of this change, topic rises a lot not only in this forum but chat as well. Its just too many people that either like you, with only one look is happy(totally ok), or never cared for looks; but some even completely ignore it. Recently i had someone comment on how difficult to maintain all looks was and this person then admited to RP with multiple outfits and not use outfit designer (like it happens with weapons).

I had a player since Beta that didn't know that 252 shells were required to get 258, then vendor them and say "why would i use them? they were ugly."

Some people when you tell them to use outfit designer see they completeley missed the feature and start using it with joy; but others response with evasives, like they think the feature didn't actually do what it does (in your case, you are right, but in general that is not the issue).

IDK, maybe BW fails to properly show Outfit designer Feature? Considering the change in armoring it may be a good time to promote it.

Edited by Balameb

Some people when you tell them to use outfit designer see they completeley missed the feature and start using it with joy; but others response with evasives, like they think the feature didn't actually do what it does (in your case, you are right, but in general that is not the issue).

I think most, if not all, MMO's that I've tried have some sort of "cosmetic gear" system. Some of them I'll use because they have cosmetic-only items that I think are cool (DDO, for example, has a bunch of cloaks with different "favor house" emblems on them). Some even kinda use them in game play (ESO lets you equip a "disguise" which you can do to help avoid fights sometimes).

I don't think this game has any cosmetic only items? But I'm willing to be wrong about that. :D I've never went and actually looked for such things.

I don't think this game has any cosmetic only items? But I'm willing to be wrong about that. :D I've never went and actually looked for such things.

I don't think you are wrong tecnically, at least in the sense that as far as i know there is no gear piece that is "just" cosmetic. Because everything has either stats or is moddable.

That we know can be confusing sometimes, not that long ago there was a topic of someone complaining about the bad stats of the armor that bought with "real money" (cc) in the CM.