M1-4X Low dps

Ardrossan

I can't tell if this is a bug or not.

I raised M1-4X to rank 40 and have just been doing some heroics with him, putting his role to DPS. I notice his dps is pitiful compared to just about any other comp. He will frequently engage in melee with mobs at melee range [even though he's not a melee character]. He has his starter turret, and I've checked that his skills are all tagged. There also seems to be the common ranged bug where he will stop firing on mobs that are a few meters away and just sit there.

I'm playing a healer commando and at this point I'm about ready to use my rank 12 Jorgan instead. Any ideas?

I noticed that M1-4X has low DPS compared to other companions available to a not in KotFE+ Trooper and other companions available to all players without starting KotFE, even when the other companions were at a lower Influence level than 4X. I did an unscientific study (trying to determine which DPS companion to use for a guild FP run where a guildie was practicing tanking). I used the training dummy in the Rishi SH, with the thing to drop the training dummy's health to 500,000 HP, and all companions I tested set to DPS with all abilities ticked on.

What I noticed is that 4X cycled through his abilities, and then sat there doing nothing until the abilities on his companion bar came off of cooldown. Other companions seemed to have some sort of filler DPS, or at the very least they were much better at managing their abilities.

I noticed that M1-4X has low DPS compared to other companions available to a not in KotFE+ Trooper and other companions available to all players without starting KotFE, even when the other companions were at a lower Influence level than 4X. I did an unscientific study (trying to determine which DPS companion to use for a guild FP run where a guildie was practicing tanking). I used the training dummy in the Rishi SH, with the thing to drop the training dummy's health to 500,000 HP, and all companions I tested set to DPS with all abilities ticked on.

What I noticed is that 4X cycled through his abilities, and then sat there doing nothing until the abilities on his companion bar came off of cooldown. Other companions seemed to have some sort of filler DPS, or at the very least they were much better at managing their abilities.

Great. Well, that's good to know.