The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Set bonuses - someone explain what I'm seeing

Sarova

Based on my experiences so far on the PTS the new currency does not exist for me, so I won't be buying any gear and I've had no new gear drops so I will be in my 258 gear for a while. What, then is this about:

https://imgur.com/a/0wHfI8D

Set bonuses from out old gear is disabled/removed/deleted? What the **** for? The more I play the PTS the more I'm thinking "I'm out" :mad:

And this is before any new story line succeeds in pissing me off.

The new currency is tech fragments.

Do the dailies on onderon all 10 for the weekly and you will get gear or go into Hammer station either alone on vet mode with a level fifty comp and a stealther and if you have no fifty then make one with the unlimited credits and the gold gift vender around the corner about 151 or 2 of them should do it. Each boss gives about 2 to 4 pieces of gear better in a group or master mode.

As you get gear you have to wear it. This will change your ilevel the higher your I level the better gear you will get. After three days I went from 252 to 284 I have enough mods for one and a half sets of gear and three non modable gear sets 276 or better. So expect a lot of gear and most of it not to be for you. Wear what you get and be careful of side gear as the system values power and health over mastery for a dps.

Do not use takana vendor a waste of tech parts. use Kai Zykken for your tactical but make sure it is one just for your spec not all of them that are showing you can wear are for you. Tech currency is on your currency tab.

Old set bonuses might add imbalance to the numbers they are trying to keep in check with their new gears and abilities etc.

If they keep in old gear set bonuses, they'd have to develop these and incorporate them into their new system and i think they are trying to simplify things as much as possible.

It's lazy, or cheap whichever way you want to look at it, but perhaps due to budget limits they are forced to develop the game this way.

They made 258 useless, so if you want "relevant" green gear with set bonus, you have to grind your life away.

Well, guess my break for the past few months and aversion to doing anything on Ossus saved me from the headache of realizing any 258s I might have grinded for would be rendered useless.

Wonder why they would even bother with green unmoddable gears with set bonuses, really failing to see the point of this. Sure would feel dirty wearing a bunch of random pieces of green or other garbage gear pieces.

Well, guess my break for the past few months and aversion to doing anything on Ossus saved me from the headache of realizing any 258s I might have grinded for would be rendered useless.

Wonder why they would even bother with green unmoddable gears with set bonuses, really failing to see the point of this. Sure would feel dirty wearing a bunch of random pieces of green or other garbage gear pieces.

This is scary.. You just about read my mind!

Not so worried about grinding like a grist mill now .. at least at Ossus! I'll take my chances with whatever I have.

You know … this use to be a lot of fun !

What happened ?

You know … this use to be a lot of fun !

That comment weighs heavy on me right now. I truly don't know what to say to you. After I did my testing on 1.5 and 2.0 I was so depressed, I thought perhaps it's time to move on. They did make some adjustments from peoples feedback and I think it was somewhat an improvement. Not great. But a step in the right direction. I'm terrified they won't improve crafting enough. I'm hoping they lower mat requirements but probably still won't be enough for regular casual players that aren't in monster size guilds.

What happened?

RNG on steroids happened. There must be some higher up person at Bioware that is insisting this happens and forcing all the lower level departments to embrace it and push it on us. Even though 97% of the SWTOR community is against it. Time will tell. If we get another mass exodus like we did before, I honestly don't know what the future holds for this games future.