The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PTS 2.0 Cycle Gearing

Ronyrone

PTS 2.0 Cycle has given the community a look at how to obtain gear and allowing us to provide feedback, here is my experience.

- Item Rating/IRating = IR

- Tech Fragments = TF

By now most have seen my such lovely picture of the 19 tiers of gear, however there is WAY more than just that.

- Crafted Gear starts at Premium Green 268

- Crafted Modifications starts at Premium Green 274

- Premium Green Tiers : 270 - 274

- Prototype Blue Tiers: 276 - 284

- Artifact Purple Tiers: 286 - 298

- Legendary Gold Tiers: 300 - 306

To "Climb" gear levels you have to start at the base of IR 270 you must have 14/14 270. Every IR Odd number you must have 6/14 gear slot that same IR level or higher. Every IR Even number you must have 12/14 gear slots that same IR level or higher. Every 6 or so IR levels you will need to have 14/14 gear slots to be at least the same level. Example if you are stuck at IR 284 and ur 13/14 284 but your 1/14 is 276 you will have to upgrade that 276 to a minimum 284 before you can move onto IR 286.

Non-Moddable Non-Set Bonus Gear Names:

- Arakyd Industries

- Baktoid

- BlasTech

- InterroTek

- Mantellian

- Mier-Lang

- SoroSuub

- Sund Tech

- Systech

- Onderonian

All the gear named above except for Onderonian has their Gear Stat determined by the Stat Name in the gear. Onderonian Gear Set is the base set for classes like Onderonian Targeters Bracers is a Agent Base Class set.

Gear Stat Name:

- Proficient - Shield

- Proficient - Critical

- Savant - Accuracy

- Efficient - Alacrity

- Lethal - Power

- Steadfast - Defense

There is one general moddable gear set that has no set bonus named: Sha'tek, this gear set can come in ALL TIERS OF GEAR WITH ALL THE MODIFICATIONS RANDOM. This gear set is the only set that also gives Moddable Weapons.

New Modifications: With all Modifications there is ADDITIONS to the existing modifications.

Armourings:

- Resistive + different versions

- Versatile + different versions

Mods:

- Lethal Mod + 2 different versions

- Lethal Mod A + 2 different versions

- Lethal Mod B + 2 different versions

- Warding Mod + 2 different versions

- Warding Mod A + 2 different versions

- Warding Mod B + 2 different versions

Enhancements:

- Adept + different versions

- Barrage + different versions

- Bastion + different versions

- Bulwark + different versions

- Discipline + different versions

- Efficient + different versions

- Immunity + different versions

- Initiative + different versions

- Nimble + different versions

- Proficient + different versions

- Savant + different versions

- Steadfast + different versions

- Studious + different versions

- Sturdiness + different versions

- Vigilant + different versions

I have not seen any new additions to Hilts or Barrels but would expect to see them also.

On Top of all this is Set Bonus Moddable Gear for a total of 60 Set Bonus Gear Sets**.** All Moddable gear can come with no Modifications.

- General Set Bonus - 12 Sets

- Warrior Set Bonus - 10 Sets

- Inquisitor Set Bonus - 14 Sets

- Agent Set Bonus - 12 Sets

- Hunter Set Bonus - 12 Sets

And now the 15th slot Tacticals which is new with 124 different tacticals.

- General Tacticals - 9 Tacticals

- Warrior Tacticals - 32 Tacticals

- Inquisitor Tacticals - 31 Tacticals

- Agent Tacticals - 26 Tacticals

- Hunter Tacticals - 26 Tacticals

Now I can talk about my experiences with all this.

Conquest: A VERY BIG MUST on hitting your PERSONAL Conquest Goal Which has been increased to 50,000 Points, it gives you free gear.

Guild Conquest Goals:

- Large Yield 5mil Conquest Points - 1 Renowned Rank

- Medium Yield 2mil Conquest Points - Just under 1 Renowned Rank

- Small Yield 500,000 Conquest Points - Just a little more than Half a Renowned Rank

Raids: I have ran the new operation Duxn up to Kephy power rangers twice on my sniper, both times receiving about 10 renown crates. So far the best possible way to farm Renown Crates at the moment is to farm the "2nd" boss of Duxn as you are constantly under attack.

PvP: I have qued over 20 matches on my Juggernaut and Sniper. I remembered to pick up the daily only once but got several BIG upgrades from the boxes. I got at least 2 blue 276 while I was IR 274. It takes 3 matches win or lose to gain one Renown Rank.

Flashpoints: I have done Hammer Station Veteran mode both Solo and 2-manned. I have received all types of gear from this including Set Bonus and Tacticals.

Leveling 70 - 75: I leveled a Juggernaut up not using the booster. I did 5 Hammer Stations and received 4 tacticals and 1 Set Bonus Shell that was empty. All the tacticals were for other classes.

LOL the RNG Gear Vendor: When I learned about the TF "Exploit" I started to be able to role and get gear. FYI if its on the PTS its NOT an Exploit its a bug that we can help fix. The RNG of this Vendor is SOOOOOOOO BAD. You can be Max rating of 306 and still be able to obtain Green 270 gear.

I wanted to test how bad it would be to get a relic so I had a 302 Legendary relic on and wanted to get a 304 Legendary Focused Retribution relic it took me over 1 million tech fragments to FINALLY obtain the relic I wanted. In that time which it took about 3 hours to do I got all different types of Relics ranging all the way from 270 - 304.

MODDABLE GEAR: Moddable Gear was a tad hard to obtain in the lower levels of gear , but it did not get any better the higher I went in gear. Once I got into Legendary Tier I started to see more Set Bonus Items popping up but never could get a full set. The most I got was 4/7 of one General Set Bonus gear set.

Weapons: Players tend to use Moddable weapons alot of times these weapons tend to be Cartel Market Weapons. Outside of crafting mods, getting lucky on personal loot drops, or obtaining a Sha'tek Moddable Weapon. YOU MUST USE THE NON-MODDABLE WEAPONS TO UPGRADE YOUR GEAR.

Crafting: Didn't touch it. It requires WAY to many materials and some materials seem to be out of reach for the time being.

What do I think about all this ?

I hate this system 100%. They stated that you can play what you want and still be able to gear up. From what I've seen you basically HAVE TO PLAY all types of content. If I was a Regstar PvP player that logs in and only does Regular PvP matches this system would not be viable for me almost no way of obtaining set bonuses or tacticals without an RNG aspect tied to it. As a Ranked PvP player you will want to get your Set Bonus and Tacticals to be viable in solo/ team ranked as fast as you can. As a Progression Raider your forced to use gear that your not really wanting to wear, your stats go haywire. Not all DPS with have 110% accuracy which you need for PvE content to not miss attacks. Everyones GCD is going to become longer which will make clearable fights become enraged fights.

Some Classes REALLY need set bonuses Like Sniper. The moment a Sniper hits Level 75 they will lose their Target Acquired resource management, and the Laze Target Critical Damage, until they get one of their Set Bonuses and basically FORCED to still wear that set bonus and only get to reap the benefits of Tacticals and Amplifiers unlike most classes that can have more flexibility with their set bonuses.

My Solution or attempt to make this better would be make all gear moddable which then gives all player bases the flexibility to actually change their stats and play styles. Give more Tech Fragments out and remove the 3k cap. if you have a 3k cap and want something off the special vendor then u can only buy a max of two items. I would also recommend if you dont increase tech fragments then reduce the cost of items on the vendor to 750 - 1k tech fragments the credit cost is an ok amount. THE RNG VENDOR either needs to be 100% deleted from the game or give use options of getting upgraded gear based on the class and spec you currently are.

For more of my comments or view points please see my Reddit post here As I have commented to those within the community about their questions and concerns.